004 | jay's perspective

:: JAY

:: JAY

The air balloon slowly landed back on Fire Nation ground after leaviating above Earth kingdom ground and water for a couple of hours. Me and my soldiers walked out from the air balloons and headed straight towards the giant palace in front of us, also known as my home. The other soldiers from the two other balloons began walking towards the prison to lock in the earthbenders we found.

After walking for a couple of minutes, I arrived outside two giant doors. I told my soldiers to take a break before I placed each of my hands on the two door knobs. They all bowed at me and I watched them disappear before I opened up the two doors in front of me.

Behind the two doors revealed a high roof, wide and dark room. The only thing that kept the room from complete darkness was the fire, burning like a wall in front of my father. I walked in and sat down on the ground on my knees in front of my father.

"You're already back Jay, it seems like you couldn't find any earthbenders on your trip" My father said.

"No father, it seems like most of the northern earthbenders are extinct just like we suspected. When it comes to the northern Earth Kingdom, it seems like Ba Sing Se is the only place for earthbenders now" I replied.

"The less earthbenders we find, the more benefits we have to win. Earthbenders are our biggest rivals since they're our biggest threats. Taking over Earth Kingdom will be our first step in the plan, and after taking over Earth Kingdom will the other two nations be as easy as pie" My father explained and formed a smirk at the end of his speech.

"We need to wait for our other soldiers to come back with information about the southern and central Earth Kingdom before we can start planning our attack against the Earth Kingdom. Even if we don't have any information yet, I want you to start practice already. You still haven't mastered the lighting which is a must before our attack" My father added.

"Yes father" I replied while I made a bow.

I slowly stood up on my feets again and started to walk out of the room. I placed myself in front of the door and grabbed the two door knobs to close the door while I continued to walk out of the room. When the two doors were fully closed, I found myself staring at the doors for a few seconds before I walked away.

My feets dragged me outside, away from the Royal Palace and then all the way to the prison. In the Fire Nation we have a couple of prisoner all over the Fire Nation islands but I'm currently on my way towards the most security classified prison, the boiling rock.

The boiling rock is placed on an island around a boiling sea in the middle of a volcano. That's why it got the name the boiling rock. Since the boiling rock is placed on another island it might take a while until you arrive but this time, it felt faster than usual.

I stepped into the prison and almost got greeted immediately when I stepped in by one of my soldiers. I followed my soldier through the prison until we arrived at a balcony where you could look down at all the earthbenders we have found so far from the northern Earth Kingdom.

"How's the earthbenders? Have you received any information from them about their bending level?" I asked my soldier.

"They all seem to have a mediocre level of earthbending. Northern earthbenders are generally known for being mediocre in their earthbending expect when it comes to Ba Sing Se" My soldier answered.

"But Prince Jay, can I ask you something? Why didn't we take the earthbender from Hujiang?" My soldier added.

"The earthbenders from Hujiang were an old man and a young girl, it's nothing we need to feel so threatened by so I decided to let them be. Not because either of these underneath us is something we need to feel threatened either" I replied and shrugged.

"But the plan is to extinct the earthbenders. We need to take every single one even if we feel threatened by them or not" My soldier responded confused.

"I am the one who's in charge of this, not you which means you have to listen to me no matter what I order you okay?" I said a little annoyed at my soldier.

He immediately nodded and I nodded back. My eyes quickly fell back down at the earthbenders underneath us again. The northern Earth Kingdom has a very small population and especially when it comes to earthbenders as well.

When my father told me to collect all the northern earthbenders I thought it was going to be a waste of time since I thought the northern earthbenders were either extinct or if we would find an earthbender it would be a mediocre one. That is at least what I thought at first until I met Aeji.

For being a northern earthbenders.. Aeji is good. I haven't seen so much of her bending but since Aeji made me really scared by letting my body drown in the ground, she's a skilled earthbender in my eyes.

"They all look like losers in my eyes" I said while I looked at the northern earthbenders one last time before I started to walk away.