010 | saving hujiang again?

:: JAY

:: JAY

I'm repeating Teacher Hee's words inside my head as I'm following them step by step. Close your eyes, breathe in, breathe out while paying attention to all the small things around me..

"Ugh! It's not working!" I screamed out of frustration while I punched the three beside me to get rid of my frustration.

I slowly removed my fist from the three, looking at the mark I had created after punching on the same spot for a couple of times. It's not like that's the only mark the three has either, it has multiple of marks all over it that I have created over the past years out of anger and frustration.

I let out a sign as I kept looking at the three in front of me before turning my head back around again. My eyes went up to the sky for a few seconds before they fell down back on the ground again. I placed my hands on my face so it blocked my eyes from seeing anything but darkness, and feeling nothing but ashamed.

"Hey Jay, is everything alright?" Jun's voice suddenly asked.

"Not sure" I answered and looked up again to see Jun take a seat beside me with a concerned face.

"You know how my father have called me a firebending prodigy since I was a little kid which eventually led to the nickname the Fire Nation knows me as and honestly.. I don't understand why my father have lied to me the whole time" I added.

"What do you mean Jay?" Jun replied a little confused.

"My father and I along with three other leaders in the Fire Nation had a meeting two days ago about our future attack against Earth Kingdom and Ba Sing Se. This attack is something that I have been looking forward to for such a long time, finally being able to show the reason why I'm being called a firebending prodigy.. But doesn't even my own father want me involved in the attack that's going to be written down in the history books" I said.

"But why? Firelord Sejo has been the one who has encouraged you to be a part of the attack this whole time and now he doesn't want you involved anymore?" Jun responded, still a little confused about the situation.

The only reason why my father doesn't not want me to be a part of the attack against Ba Sing Se is only because of the stupid lightning ability. If I only knew how to produce lightning, if I only knew how to stop thinking like a firebender all the time.. My life would have been so much easier right now.

"But if we should think a little bit positively about this situation, there's still a lot of time left until the attack against Ba Sing Se which means my father has time to rethink the situation and hopefully let me join. Leader Yuan, Doun and Naru need to first go through the entire Earth Kingdom once again to occupy the smaller cities and towns, then come back again here to plan the attack against the bigger cities, attack and occupy them until the final destination which is Ba Sing Se" I said.

"It's not you to think positively in a situation like this but you're right" Jun replied and let out a small chuckle.

"The time will go faster than we expect so I need to work hard everyday to be able to make my dream come true" I said.

"But when are the leaders leaving? It should be pretty soon right?" Jun asked.

"They're leaving tomor.." I answered but didn't have time to finish my answer because I realized something..

Without any doubt, I stood up from the ground and started to run back inside to the palace leaving Jun all alone outside. I don't even know why I'm running or why I reacted like when I realized the leaders are leaving today.. Or I do know why but at the same time I don't?

I was running through the hallways of the palace when I finally found the person I'm searching for.. Leader Naru.

"Good afternoon Prince Jay" Leader Naru said and bowed when he saw me.

"Good afternoon Leader Naru, I have been searching for you actually. I just want to ask you about your plans for the northern Earth Kingdom, have any of my soldiers gave you information or something like that?" I asked while I started to question myself a little why I am actually doing this..

"I got a list actually from one of your soldiers about the towns you went to, what you found there so we know which towns we should focus more on when we attack. We want to make sure that all earthbenders from Earth Kingdom will end up being extinct" Leader Naru answered.

"Can I see the list please?" I replied.

Leader Naru took out a small notebook under his jacket and gave it to me. I started to look through the notebook really quickly until I found the page about Hujiang. It says that Hujiang is a very small town, it's going to be a easy fight bla bla bla, and that the earthbenders are extinct..

"Is there a problem Prince Jay?" Leader Naru asked after I have been staring at the same page for a couple of seconds now.

"Actually.." I started but got interrupted.

"Leader Naru?" One of my soldiers appeared.

Leader Naru turned around so I was facing his back while he started to talk with one of my soldiers about.. Something. My ears don't want to pay attention to their conversation because my attention is still on the notebook I'm holding. I looked up at Leader Naru and my soldier really quickly before I slowly ripped of the page of Hujiang from the notebook..

I made the paper into a ball and put it underneath my uniform and then closed the notebook before anyone would notice what I just did. I only needed to wait a few seconds until my soldiers left and I could continue my own conversation with Leader Naru.

"I'm sorry that we got interrupted" Leader Naru said while he turned back around.

"It's okay.. And this looks good too. I wish you good luck" I replied while I handed back the notebook to Leader Naru.

Leader Naru bowed and then continued his walk while I froze on the spot when I realized what I just did.. I am still thinking about Aeji. Why can't I get over her and why is she basically controlling me and my actions? I know it's weird that I saved Aeji's ass in the first place by not taking her and her earthbending teacher with me but.. I was honestly a bit scared when she let my body drown in the ground so I ended up making a promise with her.

I promised her that I wont do anything with Hujiang which I didn't, but know when Leader Naru has the power over the northern Earth Kingdom does it mean I should not take the blame if something happens with Hujiang since I technically didn't do anything. But for some reason do I still act like I am the one who has the power over the northern Earth Kingdom..

What is Aeji doing with me?