027 | "look, turtle ducks!"

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Me and Jake have arrived at the Middle Ring to explore the area a little bit more. And since we had decided that we wanted to go out for a walk, why not kill two birds with one stone. 

The Middle Ring is really pretty and compared to the Upper Ring, the Middle ring consists of more flowers, trees and generally more green eras which I really like.

The Middle Ring also has a lake that's running through the area which basically makes them the only ring that has liquid water like this. Me and Jake were walking beside the lake while we swung our arms back and forth as we walked.

Jake suddenly took a few steps so he appeared in front of me. The both of us stopped walking and instead started to stare at each other's eyes. Jake grabbed my other hand that was free so he held in both of my hands. We smiled at each other and then moved our heads closer to give each other a kiss.

Without breaking the kiss, I let go of Jake's hands and placed mine around his neck while Jake placed his hand on my waist. We removed our lips from each other and continued to stare at each other's eyes, but much closer this time.

"Ew.." Someone suddenly said.

Both me and Jake immediately reacted and spotted a group of kids looking at us from a distance. Even if they were a couple of meters away from us could we still hear what they said and see their disgusted faces while looking at us.

But when they realized that me and Jake looked back at them, they started to run like they were being chased by a bee. I buried my face in Jake's chest, feeling a little embarrassed after what just happened. Jake let out a small laugh while wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me closer into a hug. 

I looked up at Jake again but instead of looking at his face, I noticed how the sky suddenly turned grey. Jake looked up at the sky as well and was as confused as me. The sky was bright blue just a few minutes ago and it has been like that all day. How could the weather suddenly change so fast?

A flash of lightning hit only a few meters away from me and Jake which made me scream out the top of my lungs. I turned into a ball while covering my ears with my hands because I was so scared. Jake reacted fast and carried me so we arrived inside a random house to be safe from the lightning.

When we arrived inside, Jake let my feets touch the floor again but he kept me closer than ever due to how scared I was right now. It's one thing to hear when a flash of lightning hits somewhere, but actually being close to the spot where it hits.. That's another thing.

"I don't understand how the weather could suddenly change? It was so beautiful outside" A woman's voice suddenly said.

Me and Jake looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw a woman standing at the window to her shop. We were too busy with your own thoughts so we didn't even realize where we actually were.

"I don't understand it either, it's really weird" Jake replied to the woman.

The three of us only needed to wait for one more minute until the darkness disappeared from the sky and the bright blue appeared instead. We all looked at each other like question mark because no one could understand the quick weather changes.

Me and Jake said goodbye to the woman in the shop and then continued our little walk. I kept feeling like a question mark as we walked because something seems not right, and my feets can't feel it either which makes me more confused.

"Look, turtle ducks!" Jake said excited when he spotted two turtle ducks in the lake.

Jake dragged me closer to the lake so we could watch the two turtle ducks swimming peacefully. I looked up at Jake who was watching the turtle ducks with amazed eyes. Since turtle ducks don't have their habitat in the North Pole, are Jake always excited whenever he sees turtle ducks since he loves them a lot.

"No one loves turtle ducks as much as you" I said.

"It's just something about them, they're so cute. But of course not cute as you my little otter penguin" Jake replied and cupped my face while shaking it as he talked.

I let out a wide smile and then kissed Jake on the lips. Not even a second after I removed my lips from Jake's, I could see something red moving towards me and Jake. By reflection, I dragged Jake all the way down to the ground so we were lying down.

After my body hit the floor, I looked up again and started to look around me for anything suspicious but either my eyes or my feets could feel it. Am I hallucinating or something? Because I definitely saw something coming towards us but now when I look around me, nothing is suspicious. 

"What happened?" Jake asked while he sat up from the ground.

"I saw something coming towards us but maybe I was wrong" I answered, feeling a bit dumb.

"This has definitely not been our day, we first received the messages, then the flash of lightning and now this" Jake replied while chuckling.

"You're right, there's something really odd about today" I said while I chuckled along with Jake.

I was on my way to stand up again when Jake wrapped his arms around my torso and then pulled me back on the ground. I placed my head on the space between his shoulder and chest while Jake continued to have his arms wrapped around my torso.

"What if someone passes by? It's going to look really weird if we continue to lying here, cuddling in the middle of the city" I said.

"But you have no other choice than staying here with me because I won't let you go that easily" Jake replied and pulled me closer to him which made it impossible for me to escape since he held me so tight.

"But on the other hand, it's really comfortable so I don't complain" I said while I moved my head so I could give Jake a peck on the jawline. 

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
one of the hardest part of being an author is when you know what you write but not how to write it :)