Khaine P1

It would be wrong to say that Edlrad Ulthran awoke. After all, the farseer was not physically present within the warp. Yet Ulthwe's brightest soul nevertheless roused from slumber in an infernal realm chalk full of dreadful scenery. Rivers of boiling blood, mountains of bones, and enough brass structures in the distance to make one cringe at the lack of diversity within the local construction materials.

The fiery footsteps Eldrad quickly laid eyes on were, hence, indistinguishable from most of the other sights and sounds of that place.

"In Asuryan's name, what is Khaine thinking!" Eldrad yelled aloud, thinking back on all the legends the bloody handed god had accrued in Asuryani mythology. Killing Eldanesh, feuding with Vaul, trying to wipe out the species, deciding to pick a fight with Slaanesh. Even after being shattered it seemed that the god's hotheaded nature still hadn't diminished one iota.

"Eldrad, it was foolish for us all to assume that Khaine would cooperate." Rang out the voice of Khiraen Goldhelm from an ample distance away, his voice ringing pleasantly in Eldrad's mind.

"You're here too Khiraen? Well, that's good. How about the others?" Eldrad asked, walking through the desolate wasteland towards the disembodied wraithlord.

"I'm afraid it is just us here" Khiraen replied. "Khorne's domain no doubt, it seems Khaine's tactical senses haven't left him. Of all the places in the warp, this is the one place Slaanesh cannot freely reach, as well as being the home of one of his targets for revenge. Coming here means he can fight them each at a time one on one, he no doubt thinks that so long as he isn't forced to fight both at the same time immediately after one another, so long as he can focus his attention, that he can prevail."

"In that case the Bloody Handed God is sorely mistaken about his odds of victory." Eldrad said to Khiraen. "Khaine may be unmatched in martial combat, but Khorne is no longer as she was. With the...'skills' she was given by the Great Beast she'll take Khaine by surprise without a doubt. Even if he doesn't lose, I can't see an outcome where he doesn't get polluted"

"Then why are we standing around talking like this Eldrad!" Khiraen said, his loud voice echoing throughout the harsh landscape of Khorne's realm. "We must do something! Anything! If Khaine falls at the hands of Chaos..." Khiraen couldn't even finish speaking, his soul grew silent and still, bathed in a red pallor.

Eldrad nodded along, before gazing at the burning footsteps of Khaela Mensha Khaine. "We have no choice, we need to act quickly if the Aeldari are to survive as a species"...

Step by step the two followed the trail of destruction Khaine left in his wake. Each was sure to keep as low of a profile as they could, hesitant to put all their faith in whatever trickery the Laughing God had pulled to make them seemingly invisible to observation. From the wastelands, up rivers of blood and through gulleys of bone, avoiding wild, starved looking flesh hounds and keeping out of sight of the occasional fury flying overhead, the two came to the outskirts of what should have been Khorne's brass citadel.

"Well, at least we won't need to worry about how to sneak in" Khiraen said dryly, gazing at an improbably long que lined up outside the gate to the Brass Citadel, composed of all manner of daemons, khornate mortals, and even the occasional ork. Standing near the front of the line, arms crossed, head bowed in shame, was Khaine, now the size of one of his avatars. Surrounding the war god, and trailing behind him, was a blazing bath of destruction and carnage. Enough mangled bodies and smoking charred flesh to deter even the most violently insane monsters who were cued up to enter the violent brass heart of the Blood God's domain.

"To think that there would be such an orderly place within the heart of Khorne's realm" Eldrad said thoughtlessly. "I wonder what other surprises those brass walls are hiding from us?"