The gallery P2

The lights in the viewing gallery dimmed once more as the relic viewscreen flickered back to life. The pictures this time showing off what looked to the Empress like a necron tomb. 

"What you are about to witness, my lady, is a renewal of our fall from grace. Courtesy of the primordial titans" Trazyn said.

Suddenly, without warning, a surge of lime green light flooded the tomb complex, emitted from the very blackstone walls that protected the slumbering mechanical xenos. Addled warriors rose prematurely from their sleep, the living metal of their bodies shifting, churning with some newfound vigor.

The 2 long lines rose from the ground, one on the left and one on the right. On the left, the metal warriors had muscular builds, a triangular body, with large muscles like bodies. They all had robes that hung from their waists. The metal warriors on the right were more graceful, their bodies closer to females, they had robes that were on thing chins, only covering the front, and the back, with the sides open.

The 2 lines of warriors all moved in near perfect unison, They all turned, and bowed the the 2 figures, who stood on the platform overlooking them.

"What madness is this?" Asked the Empress, despite already knowing the answer.

"Their madness. There was a time where they too preyed upon the souls of mortals too foolish to understand their true terror. In ages past, foolish necrons game themselves to them, hoping to transcend death. Of course, we never learned about this at large, the primordial titans worked hard to hide themselves from detection, so as to not bring about the very sequence of events that would eventually lead to their imprisonment. I suspect they released scraps of this stored necron life energy back into circulation by infecting the power supply of slumbering tomb worlds through a certain agent of theirs."

The Empress took this new information in strides, it was all starting to make sense. The sheer desperation, she could think of one thing that would bring the necrons low enough to seek out diplomatic effort. The fear of once again becoming slaves to so called 'gods'.

"Is that why you contacted me? To 'cure' the Necrons of this?" She asked.

Trazyn shook his head, "Too late for that. Even if we wanted to, even having an ember of life returned to us, polluted as they might be by the power of the great beasts, it is still too precious to give up." 

"We?" Inquired the Empress, looking upon Trazyn with renewed suspicion.

"What you just saw was the result of the return process being spiked. However, it would seem all waking necrons have undergone 'changes' in some way or another. If I may?"

Trazyn lifted himself off the furniture, moving to stand directly in front of the seated Empress. The Empress shrunk back in her chair a bit as she felt the piercing luminescent eyes of Trazyn scan her body.  She felt her skin grow hotter with undesired arousal as Trazyn grabbed her hands gently, placing them upon his tabard. She felt his necrodermis for the first time, it felt almost sweaty. But not in a physical sense, more like the living metal had become soaked in warp energy. The metal was warm, it almost pulsed with a dull life. Then she felt the warmth of the tabbard, pleasantly hot.    

"I, do not follow?" Feigned the Empress.

"Oh don't act ignorant. Now then, it would be best if an 'expert' such as yourself got a good first hand look at their handywork. Surely, my lady, a scientist like yourself should be able to perform such a simple task without issue." He said, looking down at her.

She couldn't argue with him there. She'd already garnered a good deal just from making physical contact. If she could get a decently thorough 'examination' who knew what it would teach her.