OC Art: Nagini, Nymph of Serpents

Like I said in my Valentine art, I intend to show off those two OCs I made for it. And since Orichal is already out, I shall now introduce Nagini to you all properly.

 And since Orichal is already out, I shall now introduce Nagini to you all properly

Now you know I didn't make this background at all, unfortunately. No, the background is one of the ones my drawing app gives you for free. And besides the exact hair color, everything else turned out okay for Nagini here.

Nagini is a rather... special case among nymphs. Most nymphs are born female, and while it's not impossible for a male nymph to be born, never once had there been a hermaphrodite nymph until Nagini. So safe to say, Nagini wasn't exactly a welcome sight for most nymphs in her tribe. Her mother's death by weakness and exhaustion didn't exactly help with it either. The other nymph kids didn't mind Nagini at all, but the adults clearly figured she was an omen waiting to happen. So it was only a matter of time before they figured leaving her in the Pit of Banishment was their best option and did just that.

What they didn't realize was that the Pit of Banishment only holds Deities who are banished in it, not anything else. And before Nagini was old enough to leave on her own, the ruling Deities of the pit found poor upset Nagini and decided to raise her like their own. And Nagini quickly became a welome member of this makeshift society of banished and lost entities. They at least took her skewed gender better then her own people, which really says something considering nymphs are usually caring of everyone. Mostly caring anyway.

Some time passed, and after being able to come and go as she pleased, things really looked up for her as Nagini started realizing what she seemed to enjoy most; thieving. Living life dangerously gave her a real thrill, and she started calling herself a master thief. And considering she had the skill to prove it, it wasn't long before others caught wind of it and regarded her as such. And when she was done, she had her adopted family and her bestie Ahriman to relax with. What could be better?

Her adopted parents, one day, heard about a deity who apparently "got lucky" and only received exile from the higher plane instead of banishment like them, and they grew curious about. Given Nagini's own curiosity in the matter, she agreed to track down this deity to see what they were made of. And this deity was none other then Orichal, your local Deity of Madness, whom had been exiled for- to simply put it- for basically existing. Nagini saw this unkillable deity and tried her hand at trying to take Orichal down. Only to get immediately pummeled. But remember, Nagini likes the dangerous life, and was rather ecstatic to be able to point to this deity and say "that's my rival right there". So a "tradition" started where Nagini would pick fights with the sheepish but ultimately willing Orichal just for kicks.

Some time after a certain disaster happened, Nagini had gotten worried something might've happened to Ori, but thankfully nothing did. Nothing harmful anyway. But Nagini did get a rather hurtful dose of *maybe* jealousy when she saw another deity named Fenir taking up all of Ori's attention. Nagini even tried to get Ori's attention but Fenir, being hyperactive or something, still took up Orichal's attention and Ori unintentionally ignored the snake nymph. Nagini was upset by it and didn't understand why. They were just sparring partners after all. Why should it matter if one was busy for one reason or another? Then Ahriman made it dawn on her what could've been the problem here.

Nagini may have developed feelings for the Insanity Deity. As in feelings of "let me smother you in roses and love" kind of feelings.

Being an individual who acted on her problems rather then wallow in them, Nagini decided to just confront that little scamper Fenir for making her jealous in the first place. But, as it turned out, there were clearly reasons why Fenir was suddenly so special to Ori; that being Fenir being Orichal's little non-binary (albeit rather masculine compared to Ori's feminine) sibling and that they had just found each other. And Fenir being the active and possibly slightly demented little sibling he was, he of course started to take up a fair bit of Orichal's time so the two could bond after not knowing about each other for so long.

To make a long story short, Orichal eventually apologized for making Nagini think they didn't care and made it clear to their nymph friend that she were honestly one of the more important and exciting parts to Ori's centuries long exile. I mean, when no one else wants to get near you because they think you're an omen (or that you have an offensive nutcase like Malice stuck with you all the time), what could be more enjoyable then getting to mess around with a quirky little gal like Nagini? And considering Ori found out about what the other nymphs did to her just because of her being born a hermaphrodite and how part of Orichal's exile was partially broight on by Ori's genderless-ness, you can see how Ori made sure to make Nagini feel welcomed and appreciated.

And that those nymphs got a lesson for it. And let me say, Orichal is not to be messed with when you're on their radar.

Phew. Most of this page is turning into more bio then anything, and it's taking me forever to put Nagini's picture out there as it is, so I better stop here for now. Hope Nagini caught your eye for a little while! She's certainly hard enough to draw for me, I'll say. Cheers mates. 🐉