Castle of no escape 2

So there's a game I recently got on my Switch Lite and for these last couple of weeks I had it, I've been enjoying it. It's called Castle of no escape 2, an 8-bit roguelite game where you play as one of six playable characters and traverse the randomly generated rooms of the six floor castle to find the five pieces of The Sword, the only known weapon to be capable of harming the boss of the game, and the five gem artifacts. There are a ton of awesome enemies to kill between rooms and lots of cool stuff hidden throughout the game, like the secrets the books tell you and such.

See, the game takes place at least a year after the events of the first Castle of no escape game. Another great evil, a demon named Nikolai, has taken over the castle and has threatened the world with his power. Three new heroes have arised to challenge the castle walls and bring the five pieces of The Sword together again, as well as gather the five gems to help them in the final battle with Nikolai. Also, three of the six characters you can play as are presumably from the first game and you have to unlock them by fighting their Fallen selves, whom are kinda like mini-bosses and are basically super powered evil versions of the three characters they represent.

I have fallen for this game so much that I have decided to draw the characters out to show you all with! It took some doing since the game itself only has one piece of official artwork in itself for most of the characters (a couple of the characters get two since they were new characters) and then there's sprites of the characters, some of which kinda contrast what the official art shows, but nonetheless I did it the best I could. I'm not very experienced in drawing knightly characters, so forgive me for butchering the human characters because of it. 😖

First, the three characters you start off with and the new characters introduced in the Castle of no escape 2 game.

The Guardsman Human- His sprites show him with his visor up but the artwork shows him with it down like he's trying to be edgy or something

The Guardsman Human- His sprites show him with his visor up but the artwork shows him with it down like he's trying to be edgy or something. Idk. The Guardsman Human uses what the game calls a "telescopic spear" which does the most damage when it is detracted back. The in-game manual also states that he is the slowest but most armored hero. His race is Human, and his class is Guardian, according to the game manual. I find his gameplay style to be a fairly decent one for myself. He can only attack what's in front of him when he extends his spear, and both his normal and his "dexterity" attack(let's call it that for now) are essentially the same; the only visual difference is that his dexterity attack doesn't need to be charged where his normal attack does. All and all, he is a ranged fighter with good defense right off the bat, and I don't mind too much playing as him.

The Huntress Lizardian- An awesome female anthropomorphic lizard archer, and she's my favorite character to play as for both design and gameplay. She shoots arrows at her foes, which makes her a long range fighter. She is described as the rogue of the game by players and the game manual states she is in the class of, well, huntress! Her normal attack is a charged arrow shot, with the distance the arrows go and the attack damage depending on how long you charged the attack. Her dexterity attack is to shoot a fire arrow that is somewhat more powerful then the normal arrow attacks and doesn't need to be charged. Her attacks aren't very powerful, but what she lacks in her attack, she makes up for in speed. Her speed is her greatest stat right from the start of a new game, and it can get ridiculously fast when you find the gem Faster Then Wind (that's literally what it's called, and all it does is speed up your character, which some players consider pretty disappointing compared to the other gems). She's got a pretty good amount of health to spare compared to some of the other characters and a large amount of dexterity points that allow you to use your dexterity attack, which is good for whenever you're cornered.