50k Reads!! + CONTEST :)

Keep reading for contest info!

This is a pretty old book and it's gained this amount of reads gradually over the years, but I'd still like to thank you for reading!

My 13 year old self never would have imagined that this many people would read, interact with and enjoy this, and in hindsight 50 thousand people is insane. I hope you've all enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it all that time ago!

I know I've consistently returned to this story every couple of months or so to hint at sequels, but realistically, I'm not as much of a twenty one pilots fan as I used to be, and with Tyler Joseph having a baby and Josh Dun being married I'm not really comfortable continuing to write this story. This doesn't mean that I don't appreciate / support those who do write Joshler fan fiction to date! I honestly applaud anyone who is creative enough to consistently write an entire novel. I am just very busy with life now and extremely burnt out, so it would be hard for me to write a novel that I actually want to write, nevermind a sequel to a fanfiction that I don't really follow anymore. I apologize for leading anyone on with hints at a sequel, but I'm fine with leaving this story where it ended, as a sequel wouldn't really benefit or add anything to the plot regardless.

CONTEST INFO:

Just because I don't have the energy and motivation to write doesn't mean that I don't encourage others to! Due to the special occasion of reaching 50 thousand reads, I would like to give you - the readers - a chance to take some of this story's popularity and use it to your advantage.

I certainly don't deserve the popularity this story has gotten, considering that I haven't written on wattpad seriously in years.

I would like to direct this audience to somebody more deserving of it.

So for the contest, I would like to challenge you to write a short story that is a continuation of the events that took place in Youth!

The rules of the contest are as follow!:

- One part story, can be either a new book or a chapter in another book;
whichever you prefer is fine!

- Must be between 1,000 and 3,000 words
this is so I don't spend forever reading entries, but there is enough material for me to evaluate.

- Can be from any character's POV, and in any perspective!
first person, second person, and third person are all fine!

- Must be related to Youth's plot in some way!
writing an alternate universe where Tyler and Josh are fishermen and never talk about their age difference or their past as seen in Youth is not acceptable! This would just be any other Joshler fanfiction. Please reference events from Youth and keep characters fairly consistent to how they are in the novel!

- Can occur at any time, so long as you follow the rule above and connect it to Youth's plot.
Tyler and Josh can be in their elder years looking back on their complicated past, as long as they are clearly in the same universe as Youth's. Alternatively, it can be at a time where they haven't even met yet, and Tyler is still with Jenna. It can be a prequel or a sequel story, just make it so it isn't a standalone!

- No smut / sexual scenes.
Things might have gotten saucy in Youth at some points, but if you're writing something between 1,000 and 3,000 words, I don't want to read it if half of it is them banging it out. Kissing and cuddling and all that SFW stuff is fine, but I think you know where to draw the line.

Once you finish writing your story and have made it so it is either one part in a story or a standalone, one part story, you can enter by commenting a link in this chapter. If it is part of a contest book or something, include which part the story is in your comment with the link. Do not send it to me, or post it anywhere else because I will not see it!

PRIZES:

1st Place Prize
- A shoutout and a synopsis of your story posted in a separate part of this book
- A recommendation to read your story at the end of the last chapter of Youth
- A follow from me

2nd Place Prize
- A shoutout and a synopsis of your story posted in a separate part of this book
- A follow from me

3rd Place Prize
- A shoutout and a synopsis of your story posted in a separate part of this book

The deadline for the contest entries is August 11th, giving you one month to work on your entry!

Good luck! If you have any questions you can PM me, but you will reach me easier by adding and messaging me on discord; my tag is nicinnis#6666 .

Thank you again for 50k and have a wonderful day/evening/night!!!

-Kyra