16: Josh is Jealous

[changed the format of the chapter titles]
[ longer chapter to make up for the long ass delay. i'm sorry. also,, thanks for 2K! ]

-

Soon it was the weekend, and with it came some sort of peaceful feeling for Tyler. He'd been staying at Brendon's house for merely a week, but it felt like a solid month.

Tonight, he'd told Brendon he had to go back home and get a few things. But, in actuality, he was only going to visit Josh- it seemed like ages since he had last seen his boyfriend. Tyler caught himself thinking- were they even boyfriends? Neither of them had popped the question, but it sure seemed like they might as well have been, considering the circumstance.

Tyler noticed the car perched down the road, rubber on the wheels nearly bumping against the rough sidewalk. If cars were physically able to crouch, that's how Tyler would describe the vehicle in that moment- hidden in the shade, looming, crouching all low and discreet. Waiting.

It was hot day, Tyler sweating unattractively as he approached Josh's car. Sure enough, there was Josh in the driver's seat, smiling at him through the glazed window- and smiling at him, as he opened the door, ducked into the car, sat and strapped himself in.

"Hey Ty," he said in greeting. When Tyler closed his door, the considerably larger man leaned in to kiss him hastily. Not large in an unattractive way- but large in the kind of way you'd find beautiful, wether you'd like to admit it or not. Thick thighs in skin-tight jeans, tall, looming over you humbly so you can see all the angles they aren't expecting you to see.

His lips were soft and sweet. "So you're staying with Brendon," he said in the form of a gently asked question. Or perhaps a statement, waiting to be confirmed.

"Yeah, it's working out." The thin brunette boy offered a sheepish smile- small, conceited, but there.

"That's good. I.. I was worried."

"I'm all good," giggled Tyler, and I suppose Josh simply couldn't resist because he kissed him again. This time a warm hand found the back of the basketball player's neck, making him cringe ticklishly. Tyler's smile broke the kiss, causing Josh to lick his lips and smile helplessly. It was all too easy, falling in love.

Love.

"I love you," Tyler said idly, just to say the word, to taste it, to hear it roll of his own tongue. He was pleasantly surprised when it felt right to say.

"Oh, do you?"

"Yeah. I do. Say it back."

"Demanding," Josh mocked, giggling childishly in a way only he could pull off. "'Kay, fine. Love you too."

It wasn't enough for the teenager. "Like you mean it!"

Josh kissed him again for the hell of it, saying over his lips, "I love you, too, Ty."

That would do. Quite satisfied when Josh pulled away, Tyler sat back in his seat and smiled to himself. He'd been looking forward to the weekend, and now that it had finally come, he completely understood why. It saddened him just a bit to know and understand that next week he would only go back to Brendon's and have to wait again for moments like this, (for they surely couldn't happen at school), but it was worth it if he got to kiss those lips.

Then he remembered, a little later on as they were driving through the city. "Hey, Josh, Jenna talked to me at school this week."

He wasn't quite sure if his mind was playing tricks on him or not, but Tyler would be damned if somebody were to tell him he hadn't caught sight of Josh's grip tightening on the steering wheel.