9: Josh is Falling In Love

[kinda nsfw scene included, be warned]

Driving down the roads, the night in their lungs, they took a turn in the opposite direction of Tyler's neighbourhood but he barely noticed. Even if he did, it wouldn't matter. He subconsciously knew where they were going all along anyways.

"What time is your curfew?"

"My parents are out working. I don't have one tonight," Tyler softly replied, eyes taking in everything in technicolour.

"Great."

The pulled into a long stretch of road lined with apartment buildings, and Tyler thought they could just drive forever like this and never stop, but eventually they were stopping and pulling up on the curb. The building adjacent to them was made of red brick that looked maroon in the dark.

"This is my building," explained Josh, but it was obvious. "Are you okay with coming in for a bit? For a coffee or something?"

Tyler strongly suspected he had other intentions, focusing greatly on the 'or something' in that sentence, and he was a little scared and unsure but it was okay. He'd do whatever to make Josh happy. He gave him a nod and a small smile.

Eventually they were walking hand in hand through the building's front doors, and into the elevator. They smiled at each other as it went up the tall building, kissing briefly before the doors opened.

Was Tyler going to loose his virginity? He had no idea, but found it funny that he'd be doing it with Josh and not with Jenna, like he'd always thought he would. He thought Jenna was the girl of his dreams- but perhaps that was before Josh came into his life and showed him what falling in love really felt like.

It had only been a week, thought Tyler as he walked with Josh up to a grey door. But, he thought as Josh fumbled with the keys, he was the type of person to fall in love too quickly. He'd always been a romantic.

The apartment doors were open and Tyler walked through first. It was neat, neater than he'd expected it to be, considering Josh gave off punk vibes with his hair. Sure enough, there were vinyls hanging on the walls, but they were in alphabetical order. Josh was a math teacher, so maybe keeping his apartment clean was part of the stereotype. Everything was neat and in order, and extremely aesthetically pleasing.

"Nice place," observed Tyler, hearing a 'thanks' in return but being caught completely off guard by the beautiful electronic grand piano sitting in the far corner of the main room. He approached it, noticing that it had a thin layer of dust on it. It was a nice make, too. "You play piano?"

"No," said Josh, "That came with the apartment. The last owner left it, and I can't play so it's just there to fill space."

Tyler dusted off the top, sitting on the bench and pressing a few keys. "Shame. I'd like a piano like this."

He received a hum from Josh. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Water, please," Tyler politely asked. He continued to mess around with the piano, playing a few notes and chords here and there. He was too shy to break into song, although he could.

"Play me a song," Josh asked, bringing Tyler a tall glass of water. Their fingers brushed as Tyler took it from him, the pair blushing. Tyler took a sip while shaking his head shyly. "Why not? It's just me, you've sang for me before."

"That wasn't for you," Tyler reminded the man, "And b'sides, I have a bad voice."

Josh's eyes widened in disbelief. "You have a beautiful voice, all clear and strong. Please don't doubt yourself."

Tyler, smiling, looked at the ground, blinking his long eyelashes. '"Fine, one song. What do you wanna hear?"

"Whatever you want to play." This made Tyler smile and nod. He took another sip of water, and then placed his hands on the piano, on the C chord. He began, playing a simple tune with 4-4 time.

[*cue song,, imagine it's with the piano*]

"Wise, men, say," he began to softly sing, "Only fools, rush, in.. but I, can't, help.. falling in love, with you..

"Shall I stay? Would it be, a sin.. If I, can't, help.. falling in love, with, you..." His voice grew stronger as he closed his eyes, seeming to enter into a new head space, forgetting he was in Josh's living room. "Like a river flows, surely to the sea.. darling so it goes, some things.. were meant to be..

"Take, my hand.." Tyler belted out, strong and clear just like Josh said, "Take my whole, life, too.. 'cause I, can't help.. falling in love, with, you."

"But I," He opened his eyes, looking over at Josh, voice growing softer again and hushed, "can't," he felt emotion tugging in his chest, "help..

"Falling in love.... with..... you."

He received an applause, making him smile, embarrassed. He expected Josh to praise him, but instead, he was pulled up out of the bench and to his feet by his face. All of a sudden, Josh's lips were on Tyler's again and he heard late night birdsong from out the window, fireworks exploding in the very pit of his stomach, making him gasp.

Eventually, Josh pulled away, but didn't go far. He put his hands on Tyler's waist and wouldn't stop staring at him. "...I.. shit, I think I'm falling in love with you, Mr. Joseph. I-Is that a bad thing?"

"No," murmured Tyler, moving closer to Josh so his head was resting on his chest. "No, it's not at all."

Tyler took a few steps backward, lead by Josh, and suddenly his back was on the couch and Josh was supporting himself over him. Their lips attached, and occasionally they pulled back for air, but everything felt godly- Josh's hand on Tyler's hip, the other supporting himself, and Tyler's hands on Josh's face. They kissed slow, lovingly.

Josh sat up for a second to peel off his shirt, making Tyler gasp audibly- he was sculpted from the gods, chest perfect shape and tone. Tyler reached up to run a hand over Josh's chest, and let Josh tug at the bottom of Tyler's shirt, which he quickly discarded. He wasn't as fit and in shape as Josh was, but it didn't seem to matter to the man. Their lips were connected again, and suddenly Josh flipped them around so Tyler was straddling Josh's waist.

"You're a virgin, right?"

"Y-yeah," replied Tyler, breathless. Was that where this was going? He wasn't sure he wanted to loose his virginity yet.

"Okay. That's okay, we can stop." Josh squirmed out from under Tyler. "I don't want to put you into an uncomfortable position, or make you think I'm just trying to take advantage of you- because it's not about that for me, I just want you to be happy. Sex doesn't matter."

This made Tyler incredibly happy, causing a large smile to spread across his face. So he was wrong about Josh- he thought tonight was going to be the night that Josh would take advantage of him or something, but he was delightfully surprised. This only made Tyler appreciate the older boy more, staring at him with literal hearts in his eyes.

"Thank you," he murmured, smiling. Josh only smiled in return, leaning over to press a kiss to Tyler's cheek. "But, um, I'm curious- can we maybe try something s-small?"

Josh smiled, something in his eye. "Of course, if you're comfortable, Ty. Like what?"

Tyler's breath hitched as he tried to bring himself to say it. he was usually an innocent person, or at least when it came down to stuff like this. "Um, m-maybe a.. a handjob.. or something?"

He received an eager nod from Josh, who moved closer to Tyler. "Of course." With care, Josh brought his hand to the belt on Tyler's jeans, undoing it and looping it out- he put it aside, and unzipped his jeans, tugging them down and off so Tyler was only in his bright blue boxers that had yellow stars on them.

"Cute," said Josh, bringing his hand to the outside of the boxers, feeling him around. The feeling made Tyler gasp and roll his hips up- it all felt too good. He was too shy to make much noise, keeping his mouth closed, but they stayed like this for quite some time.

Josh's hand slipped under the waistband. Tyler gasped.

"I'm gonna make you feel so good," Josh gently promised, "make you forget all about Jenna. Show you what a real man can do." And he did.

-

That night, Tyler broke up with Jenna over text. And if you'd ask him why, he'd tell you he was very strongly persuaded for reasons unbeknownst to him.