2: Tyler Sucks at Math

Tyler walked into school the next morning with a smile on his face, which was unusual for the brunette. He'd actually gotten enough sleep the past night, which was also odd. He was no stranger to insomniac nights, which happened more often than not, but last night he'd been so tired his body didn't bother to argue when he crawled into bed.

He made his way down the warm halls lined with lockers, most of them occupied with clutters of teenagers talking and laughing, a few teachers amongst them, talking to one another. Chatter buzzed in his ears.

"Tyler! Man!" Brendon came from behind him, sliding his arms around each of Tyler's shoulders. He always was touchy-feely, which most people hated about him, but Tyler was used to it by now.

Brendon let go after a moment, and Tyler turned around to face him. "So you're actually showing up to first period?"

Math was first period, and as much as Tyler didn't want to, he wanted to see Mr. Dun again. He'd been thinking about him all night, and it was wrong to carry a liking to a teacher like that, but he couldn't help it. It would pass.

"Yeah, I guess I am," said the brunette with a long sigh. He glanced at the open door of the classroom that they were supposed to head to, Mr. Dun's room.

"Well, let's go," Brendon said as he walked alongside Tyler toward the door. Brendon was in his first period class and his fourth period class, so at least he wouldn't be alone.

They walked into the room and Tyler instantly noticed it smelled like lavender cologne, but with a more masculine twist that he couldn't quite put into words. The desks were lined in rows, and sunlight seeped through the striped blinds that hung over the windows. The wooden floor was a nice burgundy colour, waxed and clean, and the walls were a calm herbal green.

His eyes moved to see Mr. Dun, who was seated at his desk to the front of the room, a black chalkboard behind him with equations messily written in chalk. He was sipping on coffee and reading something, the cover of the book red like his hair.

The two boys walked in, the floorboards creaking beneath their heavy feet. Mr. Dun looked up, eyes meeting Brendon and Tyler.

"Brendon," he said, and the black haired boy smiled and said hello. Then the man's eyes moved to the brunette, his voice warm. "Tyler. Nice to see you showed up."

Tyler beamed at the sentence and nodded. He thought it was nice that he showed up- he wanted him to show up. The boys made their way and sat at the front of the room, since nobody
was really there yet and they could sit wherever. Tyler noticed as Mr. Dun drew his attention back to his book, and couldn't help but watch as his eyes moved to scan across the page.

Students began to fill into the room, all of which Tyler knew or knew of- he'd known the greater half of them all since kindergarten, so even if they didn't get along they were all familiar and comfortable with each other. There was Pete, and Patrick, and Gerard, and Milkey.. and there was Sarah, Brendon's girlfriend. Beside Sarah..

She lit up the room as she walked in, making everything practically glow as bright as her blonde hair that was pulled into a ponytail. Jenna Black, Tyler's girlfriend - well, not technically, but they'd kissed twice last summer - made everything glow in her presence. She was a popular girl, and everyone had been saying she and Tyler would get together since ninth grade. Beforehand they were best friends, but last summer changed everything.

He didn't know Jenna was in this class. Her eyes found his immediately and she smiled at him, a big, lovely smile. "Hey!"

"Hey, Jen!" He watched as she took a seat right beside him, and they made eye contact for a moment, both smiling.