x somber situation x

You had just entered the city at exactly midnight. The windshield wipers swayed on the window as the car moved at a slightly steady pace, as you  carefully treaded your father's old car on the foggy road.

You both had just came in from another city, finally packing your bags, gathering what little money you had and leaving your abusive father behind.. You couldn't take the constant hitting, screaming, and yelling from him anymore.The last fight was about how you wanted to become a musician. Your mother was concerned for you, considering you're only 19 years old and just barely made it into college. But.. if she really cared, she would have offered you a place to stay at least...You were just barely pulling it together juggling college and a job to gather enough money to leave, but once you lost your job everything fell apart. Back to square one.You loved music, it was your passion, an escape from the horrible world you unfortunately had to live in. So it was only natural you decided that you wanted to be one of the big stars.

You snapped back to reality, realizing you went on a tagent about your life in your head. It was a lonely road, but you'd rather be by yourself rather than be judged by people who hated you.

You reached over to the radio, and turned the volume up, begging whatever was on to drown out these thoughts that plagued your mind. On the radio played 'lo-fight'. It was a quite soothing tune, but also had the iconic electric voice to give it that perfect balance. It instantly made you feel drowsy, and calmed your spirits down. Eventually, you decided to pull over into a motel, turning down the radio as you did so, as to not attract any attention to yourself.

You turned the radio off, and hopped out of the car, making sure to take your purse full of essentials, your phone, and money. You locked the car behind you, shivering in the cold and hurrying up inside.

"O-one room for the night p-please" you said as you shivered from the cold. You paid for the room, and the guy at the register had a glossy stare that made you feel unsafe.

You quickly made it to your room, flopping on the cheap mattress and letting out a long sigh. You felt free, but also worried that you'd have to return...even worse,  your father. You debated on calling your mother, but decided against it in case she told your father.

You forced yourself to stop thinking about what could happen, and just relaxed. Even though you were concerned with the guy from earlier, you knew that you could defend yourself.

You cuddled under the covers, letting your eyes rest until you finally fell asleep...