x bleeding heart x

It was around 2 am. You felt much better, but still had a sore throat. You looked over to see Pico asleep on the couch. He looked exhausted, even in a sleeping state. After what you two had been through, it wasn't surprising.

You opened the window, and climbed out, then climbing onto the roof. You never had sat under the stars on a rooftop, but it was surprisingly peaceful. Atop the apartment building, you looked down below at the busy street, and the city lights calmed you. It was like a nostalgia you'd never had before. You sat there, wondering what your life would become. At the age of 19 you had already gotten yourself into trouble.. you wondered if you'd die young like you always heard about younger stars of the music scene. It scared you - you weren't even 20 yet, and the thought of having your life cut short struck a sickening feeling in your stomach.

Suddenly, you heard some footsteps behind you. You were sure you were about to die, until you turned around just to see whitty standing over you. He seemed very shy and looked away in embarrassment. "H..hey" you said, breaking an awkward silence between you two. He sat next to you, trying to appear more friendly. "Y-Y/n.. right?" He mumbled. It seemed like he had a hard time speaking.. was it social anxiety?
"Yeah. That's me." You replied
"..So they got you too..?" He said, seeing little specks of black and red on your arm. "I guess..they want me to..to.."
"Capture me?" He looked disappointed but not surprised. "Yeah..but.. I don't know. I don't want to.. I'd rather just.." You stopped talking, holding your head.

"Yeah.. it's dehumanizing" Whitty replied to you. "But.. why are you here? You look so young.. aren't your parents worried about you..?" He said, incidentally striking a nerve within you. "The last thing I'd want is for my parents to come and look for me. I'm 19, I can take care of myself."
You said sharply. Whitty looked as if he felt bad for bringing it up, even though he couldn't possibly know what happened. "Oh..uh..sorry" He quietly mumbled. You sighed. "Sorry for snapping at you like that.. I just hate my parents for what they've done to me"
He just nodded, and then looked down at his shoes. He seemed nervous, as if he had something to say but just physically couldn't do it. He has only met you a handful of times before now.