x aftermath x

It was about a week after your dad's visit to the apartment. You hadn't really seen Pico, and the sickness in your arm had gotten worse as time went on. You were understandably stressed out. Whitty had been swinging by to make sure you were okay, but..

The guilt that ate you up inside was overbearing. You knew that unless you turned on him, you'd die.. which is why you sat him down seriously on the rainy afternoon.

"Whitty.." You were nervous, he could hear it in your voice.

"...What's wrong?" Whitty replied, he seemed anxious and worried.

"...well.. Pico and I got into a difficult situation... we were kidnapped and injected with this.. corruption like virus. We were told that if.. if we didn't find and turn you in, we'd die in a year or so.. a-and I'm conflicted.. I don't know what to do.." You started crying. Whitty rubbed your back as he registered this information. He stayed silent, and let you cry your heart out in his chest.

"I don't want to.. you don't deserve any of this, but I'll end up dying if I don't do something about it.." You sobbed.

Whitty stayed silent. He could feel the worry in your voice, it destroyed him from the inside.

"There has to be a cure. There's no way this mystery virus could be the only one of its kind. We'll find the cure, I promise" Whitty assured you as you cried. He wasn't actually sure of what to say or do, but he was determined to get you out of the situation you were in.

"Do you know of anyone else who needs help..?" He tried to ask in a calm tone.
"P..Pico.. he's also infected. I don't want him to die either"

Whitty mumbled something under his breath in a response to you, you just couldn't make out what he was saying.
"I..I have to go. I promise I'll be back later, okay?" He said as he gave you a hug.

In a few moments, he was out of your house. It was eerily quiet, and considering the events that had just taken place within the last few days, it was abnormal.

You grabbed your phone and texted Pico. Not only because you wanted to see if he was okay, but also to talk to another person

----

                                                          "Pico..?"
"Oh. Hey Y/n"

          "I wanted to see if you were okay"

"I'm fine. I'm just tired and I think I have a fever."

                                    "Can I come over?"

"You can if you want, don't push yourself though."

-------

Sorry for not updating for almost a month! I was unmotivated but hopefully I'll be updating weekly again!!!