x Overhead x

"You--" Whitty snarled at the cloud-headed figure. "This is all your fault."

"It is, but it's what I have to do in order to keep everyone else safe from such an  unstable life form like you." The figure said as he fastened his gloves.

"I swear Updyke, if you kill y/n with your stupid plans I'll have you on a platter." Whitty balled his fists.

Whitty, left after making sure you were okay. The reason why he left was because, upon further inspection, recognized your virus. It was, indeed, corruption. He couldn't lose you, especially not in this way, he was too attached to you, you were the only thing he really had left in his dark and bleak world.

"I've never seen you this bold before. Why is it that you care about them so much when you've only known each other for such a short period of time?" Updyke pushed more buttons than he needed to, trying manipulate whitty into going ballistic.

"Why would you do this?! They're innocent! They don't deserve this just because they're an innocent bystander!" Whitty's voice started to shake - it echoed off the walls of the mysterious room he broke into.. His pain was subtle, but it was there. His fuse started shining little sparks around itself. He was getting upset.

"We do whatever we have to do in order to reach our goal. This person's life you've been talking about isn't that important anyway in the grand scheme of things." Updyke replied.

Whitty finally swung at him. He put his all into it, but Updyke caught his hand before he got striked.

"Now, now. Calm down" Updyke condescendingly cooed. "Y/n had a choice. It was either turn you in or death, they chose death. This is their fault."

"You put them in a difficult situation! This is your fault!"
Whitty's eyes started turning different shapes, resembling the buttons on a controller.

"Maybe you should be sent to calm down." Updyke said as he snapped his fingers. Two guards came, and sent Whitty to an enclosed, dark room.

--

Hey guys! I know I vanished for a while, and I'm sorry about that and the short chapter. I got burnt out + my real life got more busy. But I'll try my best to post at least once every two weeks!