x conflict x

You stopped in your tracks. You had heard what he'd just said, but pretended not to. You knew it the entire. You didn't know how to respond, but at the same time didn't want to hurt him. Pico sighed. "Again.. I'm sorry"

"It's fine..but..I don't know how to feel about what you just said.. while I do care about you.. I don't think-"
"You don't think you could see me more as a friend. That's okay." Pico finished your sentence. It was like he was trying to hide the fact that he was on the brink of tears. You looked at him in silence, he looked embarrassed and like he regretted almost everything in the last month of his life.

"Uhm.. I'll go looking.. for uh.. or to complete our mission." He said, quickly heading out the door. You were surprised at how he reacted. He's never let you see him like this before.

Though, he left too quickly for him to just be looking for clues in order to save yourselves. You suspected that he was at a bar or something.. he'd drink a lot. You started feeling bad, but you just weren't sure if you had feelings for him or not. Strangely, you felt more for Whitty than you did Pico.

You decided to take today off, you knew Pico was actually drinking away his regret and not actually doing anything.

____________

You walked down the alleyway, the same one you first came across when you first arrived in town.

"Y/n, is that you?" A familiar voice inquired. You looked up and saw.. Whitty. "Oh.. hello Whitty.." you said. Your voice was small and tired. Whitty bent down to your level, and spoke again. "Are you okay?" His rough but timid voice said to you. His gestures towards you were gentle as he placed his hand on your shoulder. You leaned your head on his hand, and let out a quiet "No"

He sat down on the cold ground, and held out his arms, as if gesturing for a hug. "Maybe we can talk about it.." He quietly said. You felt like crying, you didn't know why but you just did. You let yourself into his embrace facing forward. You let everything out, almost sobbing as you did. Whitty just rubbed your back, and hugged tightly. "Look at me." He said suddenly. It wasn't in an angry or intimidating, but in a tough love way.

"Just because your parents are screwed up doesn't mean that you are.. you've made it so far in such a little amount of time.. You're going places Y/n."