x Fading x

You and Pico planned for about a week on how to go about freeing you and him from the sickness, and hopefully saving Whitty from this turmoil of trouble.

You two went back to the first place you met Whitty. You had hoped to find some clues as to his whereabouts, but.. something felt off.

Before you could say anything about the weird and foggy atmosphere, Pico drew his gun. He felt it too, and got prepared. Then.. you heard a familiar voice - not in a good way. You felt shivers going down your spine as you listened to the voice speaking to you. You tentatively moved towards the voice, but Pico pulled you back.

"What are you thinking?" Pico whisper-screamed at you. You just sighed, you didn't have a response. You didn't know what you were about to do. You couldn't even understand the voice, but you felt like you had to come near it , for some reason.

Suddenly, the world was spinning. The blurring of the street lights and constant motion was making you panic.

The world was spinning.

You felt like you couldn't breathe, and you grasped onto anything you could.

The world was spinning.

You felt like you were about to fall.

The world was spinning.

You woke up, tied up along with Pico.

"Again?" You thought, but your line of thinking was disrupted by a splitting headache.

You wanted to just die at that moment, but you knew that you had to keep moving. You looked over to see that Pico was unconscious, but.. the infected part of his arm was gone. You looked at your arm, and the same thing had happened to your arm.

You heard a deep and intimidating voice behind you, and then whitty.

Whitty's panic was felt in your heart. It made you feel terrible, but you couldn't muster up the strength to say anything. You felt weak and helpless..

"Thank you for your co-operation. As promised, I rid you of the disease plaguing you and your friend." Updike said. You could hear a hint of smugness in his voice.

"--how.. how did you get to him and why?" You replied, barely mustering the strength to speak.

"Well, you're so sloppy at covering your tracks that I was easily able to track him down. So in a way, you did help." Updike chuckled.

"But why?" You once again asked, letting your anger and annoyance drip throughout your tone.

"He's an experiment of sorts, but, he was once a rival Rockstar to Daddy Dearest... we were commissioned by him to sort of, get rid of him." Updike responded as he paced around you, occasionally touching your hair, which creeper you out.

"What was the point of telling me that? You know I could just turn that information to the police, right?" You gritted your teeth.

"You wouldn't be able to, no one would believe you because legally, our organization doesn't exist." Updike snickered.

You looked behind Updike, to see Whitty, quietly behind him. Before you knew it, Updike was out of your view. You didn't know where he was at first... but you looked down to see him unconscious. Whitty untied both you, and Pico and quickly broke out of the building you three were trapped in.

Once again, everything was a blur. You were shocked, and almost didn't even know what was going on.

You woke up in your bed, with the early sunlight hitting your face. Thinking it was a dream, you looked at your arm - it was healed. You also felt something heavy on you. Whitty had you in his arms, sleeping peacefully while holding  you.

You couldn't understand why he was so calm, especially after what had just happened. You knew you had a long way to go, but for now.. it was the beginning of a new life, hopefully. The disease was gone, and the three of you were safe.. for now.

----------
Thank you for sticking out throughout the story! And sorry for not updating. School had me in a whirl so I had to regain energy and get used to the new schedule. If you like my writing, check out my other stories and follow me! I plan to write more so hopefully I can lol ♡♡♡

Tysm, and goodbye!