x reconciliation x

You heard a knock at the door, and then the familiar voice of Pico muffled by it.

"You home?" He yelled.

You got up, and answered the door. You let him inside and sat back down on your couch.

A thick air of awkwardness filled the room. It made it hard for you to think clearly while trying to ignore what you both knew had happened a while prior to this. You finally spoke up.

"We need to find a cure before both of us dies." You quietly said. Pico nodded in agreement.

"But how? We've virtually got no lead or anything that could help us." He inquired as he got comfortable on the couch.

"Whitty said he'd be out for a while... but.. he didn't tell me where he was going at all." You replied.

You glanced at the clock, and noticed that it had been three hours since Whitty left. You immediately felt sick, as if something was telling you that something had happened to him.

Pico noticed that you looked pale, and was a little worried for you.
"You okay?" He asked with concern.

"I... I feel like something is wrong." You muttered in reply.

"Why?" Pico asked.

"Because he's been gone for longer than I thought. Do you think something happened to him?" You responded.

"Well, considering he seems like the type of guy to be out on the streets all the time, I think he's fine. Stop fixating on him and focus on yourself and-- and how we're going to find a cure so that we both don't, you know, die." Pico replied. He sounded annoyed, and was still slightly hurt from the rejection.

You were about to reply, but instead you closed your mouth and sighed.

"Sorry.. I.. I've just been on edge lately. My life has changed so much in so little time. I don't mean to be mean or annoying I just... I just..." You put your head in your hands.

"-- Don't know how to handle certain situations.. it's fine. Heck, I'm scared too. We don't have much time to sit around and talk though. We need to get moving." He pat you on the shoulder, and then got up.

"Let's start searching. Maybe we should go back to the area where you first met him."

"...Alright." You sighed.