The Past Is The Past

I woke up to knocking at my door. Rubbing my eyes I looked around for a clock but couldn't find one. I reached for the nightstand on the side of my bed where my phone laid face down. The door opened before I could grab it.

"Oh thank god you're not naked and you don't have a boy in here," a lady with short red hair walked in. Her hair reminded me of the room across the hall and the person inside of it, but I shook that thought out of my head.

"Why would I have a boy in here?" I asked her confused about why she was even here.

"I don't know," she answered honestly. "Natasha Romanoff if Tony hasn't mentioned me yet."

"Yeah, he hasn't," I told her. "But why are you here? It's like eight in the morning."

"It's noon," she said calmly with a small grin on her face. I rushed to reach for my phone. The time on it read 12:17 and I had thirty calls from Peter.

"Crap," I muttered while throwing the blankets off of me.

"Hey it's ok we have like," Natasha looked down at her watch on her wrist. "Nine hours to get ready."

"Get ready for what?" I took after Wanda and tilted my head a little.

"Tony's having some big party tonight," she rolled her eyes. "And you Mya, are the guest of honor."

"Oh god," I sighed. "I knew he would do something like this but I didn't expect it to happen so soon."

"I have the responsibility of taking you shopping for your outfit," she told me. "So get dressed and we'll leave in thirty minutes."

"Oh no you don't have to do that," I assured her. I hoped she would listen and let me be alone. "I can call Peter and I'll drag him along with me."

"No, I don't think that's going to fly with Stark," she told me. "Peter can come with us if he would like I suppose."

"Yeah, I'll call him," I muttered.

                                                                        ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

I didn't call Peter. 

It was a long elevator ride down to the city, but when I step out of the small area I was greeted with the familiar sounds of the city that I loved. In front of me was a black SUV which Natasha stood outside of. She watched as I made my way to her.

"Where would you like to go first?" she asked me calmly.

"It doesn't matter to me," I said with a shrug.

"Fair enough," she responded as she got in the driver's seat. I slid into the back seat and got on my phone.

I looked through the messages Peter had sent me over the past few hours and boy was he freaking out.

Peter: Where are you?????

Peter: I need my suit

Peter: Hello

Peter: I hate you

Peter: Running your stuff up to the tower now

Peter: I'm going to need my suit back

Peter: So are you really an avenger

I couldn't help but smile because sometimes he was so stupid. But I stilled loved him I mean he was my best friend and he lets me take his suit.

"Here's a small shop," Natasha told me. "Tony doesn't want us to be seen anywhere together if at all possible."

"He wants to save the surprise for later," I said rolling my eyes. "Am I allowed to go in by myself?"

"I just had to act like that I was going to follow you around," she muttered to herself. "I don't see why not just make sure not to take too long."

"Ok, I'll be back," I promised as I stepped out of the car.

                                                                    ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

"I promise I'll tell him," I told the cashier as I walked out of the store with my dress in my hand.

"What was that about?" Natasha asked when I got in the car.

"It's nothing," I said with a smile on my face. "I just knew her."

Natasha didn't say anything thankfully because I didn't want to talk about how or why I knew the cashier. I looked out the window and thought about the dress I got (If you guys know what dress Taylor Swift wore to the 57th GRAMMYs that the one Mya's getting because well we love Taylor). It was light blue and the front went down to about skirt length which the sides then parted to show my legs. I also got a pair of silver heels figuring they might go good with the dress.

"Do you like the dress you got?" Natasha asked. I saw her look into the rearview mirror but I pretended like I hadn't seen her do that.

"Yeah, I really like it," I answered.

"That's good," she responded softly.

"Who's going to be at this party?" I asked.

"A lot of New York probably if you know Tony," she told me with a small chuckle.

"Will Mark and Lisa Boyle be there?" I asked quickly. Natasha's eyes returned to the mirror but I ignored them as my breathing quickened.

"The Boyle's are close to Tony," she stated. "But last I heard they were in Sokovia trying to raise awareness after the whole incident."

I nodded and tried to calm myself down. I could feel Natasha's eyes on me but I kept my eyes focused on the city. That's when I noticed where we were. We were nearing the end of Leroy Street and I knew this was only going to go one way. My stomach dropped as Natasha turned the car onto Cornelia Street. I tried to keep my eyes focused on the back of Natasha's seat but somehow they found their way to the house. The one that was tied to me because of the memories that I wished I didn't have. I looked down at my palms and noticed that my fingernails had caused a small puddle of blood to form. I took a deep sigh and forced my eyes to leave the sight of the house.

"Is something wrong?" Natasha asked softly.

Ignore it! She doesn't know what happened there and it's not her fault. I told myself.

"Nothing's wrong," I said happily.

"Ok I'm just checking because you seemed stressed for a second," Natasha assured me.

"No I completely understand," I said holding back a sob.

"Well we're back at the tower so why don't you go get ready!" she said happily. "And tell Peter to be here by 6 sharp, please. Tony wants to talk to him about something."

"I will," I promised with a smile on my face.