Begin Again

"What a show," Wanda said softly as I entered my room in the compound. She didn't turn around in the chair she was sitting in to face me.

"I figured you would like it," I told her while walking into the bathroom.

As I reached into the shower to turn on the water I felt her arms snake around my waist. I turned around and pulled her into a tight hug. She let out a low sigh which was followed by low, muffled sobs.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly.

"We-we do so much for every-everyone," she stuttered. "And all we get in return is a few glances and glares. From people we even call our friends!"

"Shhh it's going to be ok," I whispered trying to calm her down.

"Why can't things just be ok for us?" she asked. "Why can't we have what we want?"

"I do have what I want," I answered. "Well almost."

"Mya," I looked down towards her tear stained face. "We surround ourselves with people that say that they felt the same pain that we did when we lost... our children."

"Wanda," I whispered trying to get her to stop.

"We wake up in the morning and feel guilty because we got another day and they didn't," more tears fell from her eyes. "They have trouble getting out of bed in the morning because they're sore from training not because they're to grieve struck to move."

"The things we did just so we could call them ours," I murmured into her shoulder. "I was a terrible mother." Tears began to pool in my eyes.

"No you weren't," Wanda said after a few moments of silence. "You loved them with your entire heart. I wasn't there for them when they needed me the most. I left them on their own when you disappeared."

"I could've saved them," I said with a low sigh.

"What do you-"

"If I had gotten there a few seconds earlier," my heart broke when I felt her eyes fall onto my face. "I could've stopped them from turning Peter against the twins. I saw Peter a few seconds after he did it and I -"

"What are you talking about, Mya?" Wanda asked slowly.

"Billy and Tommy could still be here!" I finally shouted. Tears finally spilled from my eyes. "Peter wouldn't have to feel the guilt that he feels right now! God! I haven't even been able to look at him for the past six months because I can only see him covered in their blood!"

"Stop, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything," she whispered in my ear. I felt her hand run up and down my spine. "We'll get through this."

"I can't," I murmured through the thick mask of tears.

"We're going to be strong together," she told me. It was almost like she was trying to convince herself.

"The world is against us," I sobbed softly. "First Allie, then I lost you for five years, after that we lost Tony and Nat, and then I raped and beat by Hayward, and we lost the twins not long after that."

"Shhh," Wanda whispered trying to calm me down. "It's ok. Just let it out."

"I can't stay here any longer," I told her.

"Then we'll leave." I paused for a few minutes taking in what she said.

"And go where?" I finally asked.

"I think you know where the best place is," she told me. A sad smile formed on my lips.

"Of course," I whispered as my heart broke even further.

                                                         ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

I knew it was the best place for Wanda and me to start over but the memories that I shared with the twins at this house came rushing back as I stood alone outside the large door. I push a big breath of air out of my mouth as I reached for the door handle, but something stopped me before I could turn it to allow me to see inside the empty halls. I took a few steps away from the door and shoved my hands deep inside the pocket of my coat.

I turned away from the door and was pulled into the alleyway across the street. Even though the pavement had been cleared of Hayward's blood but the memories remained. A reminder of what he did to me still lingered in the air.

"You know I realised something," Wanda hummed. I jumped a little at the sound of her voice but when she wrapped her arms around me I relaxed a little.

And what is that?" I asked turning around and pulling her into me. She looked up at me with a large grin on her face.

"We're a crooked love in a straight line down." The corners of her eyes wrinkled a little as she smiled up at me. Her nose and cheeks were flushed from the cold.

"Is that so?" I asked in a whisper before pressing my lips to her nose.

"Yes," she giggled. "But there is no one I would rather go off the path with."

"Nice save," I whined playfully.

"Oh come on Mrs. Maximoff," she chuckled while wrapping her arm through mine. "We have a life to start over."

                                                       ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

2 Years Later:

You know I never wanted myself to move on and forget about the grief Wanda and I felt after the death of the twins, but something inside of me told me that it was what they wanted. Pictures of Tommy and Billy were scattered all around the house like they should be. Sometimes it hurts to look at those photos but most of the time I enjoy looking back on those moments. Their photos are soon going to be joined by the photos of their younger sibling.

"Bubs!" I heard Wanda calling me from the kitchen.

"Yes, my love," I answered rushing down the stairs. "Did you drop something again?"

"You're so funny, aren't you?" she muttered lowly as I walked into the kitchen.

I watched as she turned around and I couldn't help but smile when I saw her stomach and a spatula on the ground behind her.

"Will you get that, please?" she asked trying to move around me. I stuck my hand to stop her. She looked up into my eyes confused for a second before she realized what I wanted. "Make it quick please."

I nodded and pressed a quick kiss to her lips. Then slowly I knelt down in front of her so I was looking directly at her swollen belly.

"Natasha," I whispered. "Mommy might kill me before you even get here if you don't hurry it up." I placed my fist on Wanda's stomach like I was giving her a fist bump.

"Now will you pick that up please?" Wanda asked softly. I looked up at her and saw a large smiled on her face.

"Yes, I'll get it for you," I stood up and gave her another kiss. I walked over to the spatula and put it in the sink.

"How are you doing today?" she asked softly as I felt her hands on my shoulders.

"I am lovely today," I answered. "Just like my beautiful wife."

She sighed and leaned back against the counter behind her. I turned and drew all of my attention to her. Wrapping my arms around her I swayed us back and forth. Wanda rested her head on my shoulder and placed her hands in my sides as I hummed a quite tune. I felt the bracelet to my old suit bump on my side as we swayed back and forth. The refrigerator door was wide open casting a shadow of Wanda and me dancing on the wall I was facing.

For the first time in a long time I finally knew where I wanted to be. It might have taken a while to get to this point in my life but I had finally made it.

Only I had made it though. The universe wasn't done with Wanda yet.

Book 2: Favorite Crime

Coming soon