The Start of a War

6 months later:

There was a knocking at our door. I turned my attention away from my computer and looked at Wanda.

"Were you expecting someone?" I asked quietly. She shook her head no. I got up and twisted the bracelet on my wrist. Another knock came as I walked towards the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob and opened the door slowly. I peaked my head outside and saw quite a sight.

"Mya!" Vision exclaimed.

"Vision," I said slowly. "Do you need something?"

"The stone!" he huffed. He leaned against the wall.

"Woah!" I said. I grabbed him and pulled him inside. Wanda was immediately at my side. I looked at her but turned my gaze back to Vision. Slowly I laid him on the ground careful not to hurt him.

"You need to remove the stone!" he gasped.

"Vision, you're not making any sense," I told him.

"The stone!" he gasped again.

I placed my finger on the stone in the middle of his forehead. I burned my finger but I kept my finger pressed against it. Vision let out a low sigh as he closed his eyes. The stone's bright yellow light dimmed.

"What did you do?" Wanda whispered.

"He's not dead," I told her. "Just in a low power state. I need to figure out what is wrong with him."

"He said to remove the stone, but he'll die if you do that," she told him. I looked back at the AI laying on my floor.

"Not necessarily," I told her. I rushed towards my computer and began to type. "We can remove the stone but keep the memories on file then reroute them into the world's largest microchip."

"What?"

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.," I gasped. "We need to use similar technology as Tony's. I need to figure out the best way to remove the stone."

"Where are you going to do that?" Wanda asked.

"I need to make a list of the equipment and figure out how my parents aren't going to notice the purchases," I muttered. "Then I need to actually remove the stone."

"Hey," I didn't hear her.

"How much time do we even have?"

"Mya!" I still didn't hear her. I was about to ramble on more but she smashed her lips against mine. "Hey!"

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "It's just so much pressure and not enough time."

"How do you know how much time you have?" she asked.

"It could take me years to figure out how the stone works," I told her. "To do that and remove it. I don't feel like I have that much time."

"So we're stuck with a sleeping robot in our house?" I looked back at Vision.

"Until further notice, yes," I told her.

"Where are we going to keep him?"

"A closet," I said with a shrug.

"Mya!"

"Hey, it was a joke," I told her. "There is a place where we could get the stone removed, but I'm not even sure we can get in there."

"Where is it?" she asked.

"Wakanda," I said slowly. I looked over towards my desk and saw the small black flip phone sitting on the corner. "I know someone who can get in there though."