Civil War

"What was that about?" Wanda asked sneaking into my room. I was laying on my stomach reading Romeo and Juliet.

"What was what?" I asked not taking my eyes off of my book.

"Mya," she whispered sitting on the edge of the bed. I ignored her and continued reading. She sighed and finally said, "I heard what you said."
"I figured," I told her. "And I saw the way you looked at him when he showed up."

"I didn't look at him in any certain way," she told me.

"You looked at me like that last night and then again today in the shower," I told her, finally turning to look at her.

"I would never look at him the same way I look at you," she scoffed.

"Really?" I asked, eyeing her.

"Really," she admitted.

"What did he want then?"

"Mya!" she scolded. I shot her a glare and she looked away from me. "Tony does not wish for us to leave."

"Why not?" I sat up and put down the book.

"He does not want another Sokovia," she whispered. "The news got out about you and the boy last night and he feels you might be as much of a threat as I am."

"That doesn't make sense," I told her.

"There is another reason but we weren't here for that," she told me.

"What happened while we were gone?"

"Steve took a few on a mission to Lagos and it didn't end well," she whispered. "Twelve dead and over sixty injured. Then there was a meeting today to basically... dismiss the Avengers and...."

I stared at her waiting for her to go on. I watched as tears ran down the sides of her face.

"What happened today?" I asked, grabbing her hands.

"A bomb went off and the king of Wakanda was killed in the explosion," she whispered. "And Steve... Steve was arrested."

My stomach dropped.

"The Avengers are here to protect people, not hurt them," I told her.

"I know but right now we don't look like the best people in the world," she told me. "You literally disappeared for three weeks and showed up and beat a kid unconscious."

"Unconscious?"

"According to the multiple articles published about you, yes unconscious," she stated.

"Did they get the whole thing with me catching Steve's shield?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know," she whispered.

"Crap," I muttered. "I have to call Peter."

"Why?" she asked.

"Because if people saw my suit and got a video or a photo of me in that suit that I was wearing and those powers that I used they're going to think that I am Spider-Man!" I told her raising my voice a little.

There was an explosion that sounded outside. We looked at each other and hopped out of the bed. I sprinted in front of her to the common area where Vision already was.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he answered calmly. "Stay here!"

He dissolved and went through the wall outside to check out the flames that were rising a mere hundred yards away. A presence made itself known behind Wanda and me and I watched as she used her powers to pick up a knife. I watched helplessly as it flew at Clint's face. She stopped it right before it embedded itself in his forehead.