Runaways

I sat in my cell twisting my bracelet around my wrist. I looked over at Wanda and saw her back was to me. I stood up and walked over to the wall. I placed my hand on it and sighed.

"Mya?" I turned and saw Tony at the door of my cell.

"Look who decided to show up," I scoffed.

"You choose the wrong side," he told me.

"Nothing safe is worth the drive," I said glancing over at Wanda. When she saw me look she turned back around.

"I suppose you're not wrong about that," he admitted. "Where'd you get the suit?"

"Haven't we already talked about that?" I asked him.

"You didn't explain yourself the last time," he told me.

"I don't have to," I told him.

"Why do you think this fight even started?" he asked. "Because people hid stuff from others. I don't care if it was a person or items of the past!"

"You just need all of the answers don't you?" I asked him.

"Well when you say something like 'my parents kept me a secret from you for twenty years I feel like I deserve a little more than an explanation," he said mocking me.

"Boyle," I whispered.

"Excuse me?"

"Mya Boyle," I said facing him. "Ever heard the last name?"

"You're not a Boyle," he said slowly.

"You sound like my parents," I told him. I punched the wall next to me. When I removed my fist I saw a little dent in the metal. "Did you know they purposely killed someone? Or what about the fact that they were working with HYDRA? I looked at the files the other day and figured out they helped fund experiments on the Maximoff twins."

"You need to stop lying," he warned.

"I think it's strange that you think I'm lying," I told him. "Because I'm not. I'm full Boyle blood!"

"They wouldn't do that to me," he muttered. I laughed and watched him turn to me.

"They wouldn't do that to you?" I scoffed. "I'm the daughter that they hid before from day one I was a disappointment to my family's name! They killed one of the few people that I actually loved because she was... well female!"

"You need to stop," he warned.

"Or what?" I asked with a hiss. "You've already got me where you want me right?" I spread my arms to the sides of my cell. "I'm not one of your toys. I'm no longer a Boyle. I might not even be an Avenger. Hell if I know. But that doesn't mean I'm not myself. You can't keep any of us in here for long and you know that!"

"Watch it, Mya," he warned. "When we're ready for you I can assure you we'll get you out of here."

"If it was the other way around," I muttered. "If you were in here with your crew well you know Cap wouldn't even let it come to this. He was protecting his friend unlike you!"

"I'm protecting the world!" he shouted at me.

"You're running!" I shouted back. "You're protecting yourself! If it was Parker instead of me we both know he wouldn't have even stepped a foot into this place!"

"Don't bring him into this!" Tony shouted as he walked away.

"You're running again!" I shouted pointing at his back, but it was too late. He was already gone. I punched the wall again. Then I did it again, and again, and again. Until both of my hands were dripping blood and the wall a good size dent in it. "Damn it," I sighed.