What A Mess

I rolled out of bed onto my feet. My legs shook beneath my weight but I managed to stumble to the door.

"Mya!" Wanda called out after me.

My bare feet came in contact with the cool ground in the living area. I could barely hear Wanda shuffling around behind me as I ran out the front door.

"Where are you going?" I didn't stop and turn towards Wanda's voice. Instead, I kept running and just allowed my legs to take me somewhere. My ears picked up the snapping of twigs from behind me and I knew Wanda was following me. "Mya!"

"What?" I screamed turning towards her. "What could you possibly want from me?"

"You didn't kill her," she said slowly walking towards me with her hands in front of her.

She's scared of you! I screamed at myself. She's terrified and she should be!

"I did!" I shouted. "I killed her! And that's not even the worse part! I lied to myself and tricked myself into believing that I didn't kill her! I told myself that it was a bad dream!"

"You didn't mean to," she moved closer to me. "I know you and I know you wouldn't do that."

"How can you even say that?" I scoffed. "I don't even know myself anymore!"

"Please, Mya just listen to me," Wanda pleaded.

"I can't," I whispered. "I can't stay here," I gestured to the small house behind her. "I will end up hurting you and I can't do that. Not again."

"Mya," she whispered, stepping even closer to me. "I love you and I want you for worse or for better. I would wait forever and ever for you. It's so excruciating to see you low and I just want to lift you up and not let you go. I'm here to tell you that this love is worth the fight."

"I need to go," I whispered. "Please don't follow me."

"Mya."

"Wanda, don't follow me," I warned.

"Where are you going to go?" she asked quickly. My hand reached towards the bracelet on my wrist and I slowly twisted it around. Then, I took it off of my wrist and bent down to put it on the ground.

Without saying a word I walked away from the girl. If she really loved me she knew that I just needed some time. I hated what I was doing and I knew it was going to hurt her, but I wouldn't leave if I said anything to her.

                                                                           ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

"Thank you so much for letting me come and see you," I told Pepper.

"Of course, Mya," she responded without looking up from the dishes she was washing in the large sink. "But I do have to ask why you are here?"

"Oh," I whispered. "I just needed someone to talk to."

"You're not a very good liar," Pepper shouted as she walked away from me. I was quick to get to my feet and follow her.

"Well, I wasn't lying," I muttered looking down at my feet. Pepper reached for a basket full of laundry.

"When was the last time that you talked to your lovely wife?" from the corner of my eye I saw Pepper glance at me warily.

"That doesn't matter-"

"When was it, Mya?" she asked again not taking her eyes away from the laundry in front of her.

"Two weeks," I said with a slight cough.