Caught Red Handed

"Let's go somewhere," Wanda told me. I looked up from my ice cream.

"We can't," I said pointing my spoon at her. "Someone will turn us in."

"Well I can't stay here and do nothing," she complained. I picked up my pint of ice cream and walked over to her. She was sitting on the counter in the kitchen with her legs crossed.

"We could watch a movie," I suggested.

"We did that two nights ago," she reminded me.

"I could continue reading Shakespear to you," I told her.

"Almost everyone dies in his poetry," she answered.

"Hey, they're classics," I warned. I set down my ice cream on the counter next to her. She picked up the pint and looked at the labeling.

"I cannot believe you Americans are willing to put this in your bodies," she scoffed. "It's terrible for you."

"Yes, but have you tried it?" I asked. She shook her head no. I gasped and placed my hand over my heart. "You've never had Ben and Jerry's. No, this is unacceptable. Try it!"

"I will not put that in my mouth," she said with a chuckle.

"Never?"

"Never."

"Never ever ever?" I asked.

"Nope," she popped the p when she answered me. I leaned towards her.

"Please!" I begged. She couldn't contain her smile.

"Fine," she said, finally caving in. She grabbed the spoon and placed it in her mouth. Her eyes widened until she saw my smirk. She hit me in the shoulder and with her mouth full said, "Ok it's good."

"I told you," I said smiling at her.

"God you're such an idiot," she told me.

"And yet you're still here," I pointed out.

"Come here," she told me while leaning forward. I pressed my lips to hers.

"I taste the chocolate," I whispered. I felt her lips form a smile. We pulled away from each other and I felt her hand on my shoulder.

"So what are we going to do?" she asked.

"I know something," I told her while biting my lip. She giggled and looked through the window above the kitchen sink.

"It's the middle of the day," she stated.

"And?" I asked while grabbing her legs. Laughter escaped her lips as I pulled her body towards mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. "Up we go."

"Put me down!" she shrieked.

"You wrapped your body around me," I noted. I set her down on the couch in the living room. She laid down and looked up at me. I kneeled on the edge of the couch and stared at her. She grabbed my face with both of her hands and brought her lips to mine. I pulled away and looked at her again. A small smile curled on my lips.

"Come here you have chocolate on your face," she told me.

"That's from you," I told her.

"Oh please I've seen the way you eat," she scoffed. "You're lucky you don't have it in your hair."

She licked her thumb and rubbed the smudge of chocolate off of my face.

"Are you sure you don't want to watch a movie?" I asked her.

"Yes," she answered softly.

"I'm going to get Romeo and Juliet then," I told her while getting up.