The 23rd House

For the second time today, there was knocking at my door.

"Come in!" I shouted as I searched for my heels. I turned around and saw Peter standing by the door. He had a giant smile on his face.

"Oh sorry I was looking for my bestie," he said happily. "The newest Avenger goes by Mya but doesn't use her last name!"

"Oh shut up," I said walking over to him. "Your tie is crooked."

"Is it?" he asked while looking down at it. I swatted his hand away and fixed it myself. I also fixed a few strands of hair he had sticking up.

"Peter Parker, you clean up nicely," I was shocked that I had even said that. "I can't believe May is actually letting you come out tonight."

"Why wouldn't she?" he asked, confused. I patted him on the shoulder and laughed.

"Did you go see Tony, yet?" I questioned.

"Not yet," I told me. "I had to come meet the newest Avenger."

"Ok, that's enough," I said pushing his shoulder lightly. There was a noise from across the hall but I stopped Peter from turning his head to look. "Don't!" I warned.

"I should go see Tony," he told me with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah that's probably a good idea," I responded before glancing over his shoulder to look at the door across the hallway. It didn't look like it was opened but I knew someone was on the other side of that door listening to us. "I'll see you in a few."

"See you in a few," he said with a smile before he left.

I let out a long sigh and went back to look for my heels. They were on my bed I scooped them up and held them in my hand, not quite ready to put them on. I noticed that Peter hadn't shut the door behind him and I smiled thinking about how forgetful that boy could be.

As I got up to shut my door Wanda's opened. She stood in the hallway wearing a breathtaking black dress that hugged her curves. Her face held a sad look on it and for a second I made eye contact.

"Do you need help?" I asked softly. She spoke in a language that I couldn't understand and she seemed to notice her mistake after the face I made.

"Could you zip up my back?" she asked. I nodded and made my way over to her. My hands shook as I reached for the zipper. She grabbed her hair and moved it out of the way revealing more of her back to me. Her shoulder blades moved making new lines on her smooth skin. I slowly zipped the back of the dress hiding more and more of her back from my sight. When I finished she turned around and studied me. Then she cupped my cheek in her hand.

"Thank you," she whispered. Her touch had sent sparks flying through my body. For a few moments, we stood there staring at each other before I cleared my throat and found the words I wanted to say.

"Yeah... of-of course," I stuttered. A small smile spread over her lips and she turned to retire to her room. I watched as the door shut completely hiding her from me. I turned and went back into my room but before I shut my door I stared at the door that separated me from the girl I had just seen.

                                                                       ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

"Thanks for joining the party, Mya!" Tony shouted as I walked down the stairs into the living room I had been in only a day earlier. "Ok, now I believe everyone is here we should get going. Natasha, Happy, and I suppose I can all drive."

"Are we taking the vans, Mr. Stark?" Peter asked.

"I'm driving Mrs. Potts and myself, but I'm sure Natasha and Happy would be heh happy to drive the vans," Tony looked at Happy and Natasha and they both nodded. "Then it is decided let's go!"