A New Start

"Do you think we should go back to the tower today?" I asked Wanda one morning at the dining room table.

"It is up to you," her accent had started to fade a little over the past few days.

"It's just I'm sure they're freaking out and I mean I was an Avenger one day and then gone and completely out of contact the next," I added.

"If that's what you want I suppose we can," she told me.

"Are we going to let them know about whatever this is?" I said gesturing between the both of us.

"Are you ready to put a label on it?" she asked cautiously.

"Maybe we should keep it between just us for now," I suggested. I started to get stressed about what the team would think of Wanda and me. I was completely in my own little world. I didn't even notice that Wanda got up and was next to me.

"Hey," she grabbed my chin and tilted it up towards her. She pressed her lips onto mine for a few seconds. "Your thoughts are extremely loud. We'll figure this out, ok?"

I got up and followed her into the kitchen. "I know but what if we decided to stay here? The only problem is that I still need to design my suit. But if we stay here together the team will know something is going on between us," I watched as she put her plate into the sink and turned towards me. "I don't know what I want them to think about us. I don't even know what we are!"

Wanda stepped towards me as I talked. She tilted her head a little as I got more and more frustrated.

"What are we?" I asked softly.

"What do you want us to be?" she responded in the same soft tone.

"I don't know," I admitted, throwing my hands up. "I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, again. I also don't want to lose whatever this is."

She placed her hand on my cheek and I looked away from her. She slowly moved my face so I was looking at her again.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you this," she said, bringing her face close to mine. Her breath warmed my face. "It is up to you."

I stared into her eyes waiting for her to say more, but she didn't. Instead, she walked towards the stairs leaving me alone in the kitchen.

                                                                     ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

Later I decided to go for a run to clear my head. Wanda was reading in the bedroom and I don't think she noticed when I left. I didn't want to tell her I was leaving because I didn't want her to worry or try to follow me.

I closed the door quietly behind me and looked at the storm clouds in the distance. I decided it was best to ignore them and I took off. The best place to go was probably The Battery and I figured being able to see the water might calm me down a little.

I ran and listened to the sounds of the city. Birds chirped as they flew over my head. Cars honked at one another. Bus tires squealed as the large vehicle came to a stop. People talked on the phone or to one another. As store doors opened bells would ring letting the employees inside know that someone entered. Dishes and silverware from restaurants clinked together. Music played from hidden speakers. I watched and listened to everything around me being completely aware of my surroundings as I made my three-mile journey to The Battery.

When I got there I walked right to the water. Sitting down on the grass I looked out over the water. Storm clouds brewed over top of the water and the wind ripped through my hair and clothes. Droplets of cool water landed on any part of my skin that was showing. A shiver ran down my spine, but I felt like I was at a sense of calm.