Anywhere but Here

TW: Torture

Third Person POV:

"Remember, you'll have to return the stones to the exact moment they were taken," Bruce told Steve. He placed the small silver case in the soldier's hand. "Otherwise, we're still looking at a whole bunch of nasty alternate realities."

"Got it," Steve told the scientist. "I'll clip all the branches."

"You know, I tried," Bruce murmured. "When I had the gauntlet. I really tried to bring her back... I miss her."

"Me, too."

"You better get going," Bruce said gesturing towards the platform. "We're almost ready."

Steve nodded and walked towards the platform. Sam was quick to follow on his left.

"You look a little nervous going by yourself," Sam told Steve. "Ask nicely, I'll go with you."

"You're a good man, Sam," Steve said, clapping his hand on Sam's shoulder. "But this one's on me."

They reach the platform and Bucky is standing in front of them.

"Don't do anything stupid till I get back, ok?" Steve said with a small laugh.

"How can I?" Bucky replied with a grin. "You're taking all the stupid with you."

Steve grinned and pulled Bucky into a tight hug.

"Make sure this is what you want," Bucky whispered so Sam couldn't hear. He pulled away from the hug and placed both of his hands on Steve's shoulders. "Gonna miss you, buddy."

"It's going to be ok, Buck," Steve said with a nod. He reached down and grabs Mjolnir and takes his place on the platform.

Sam and Bucky looked over at Bruce who was behind the console.

"How long's this gonna take?" Sam asked.

"For him, as long as he needs," Bruce told Sam. "For us, five seconds. Ready, Cap? You're good to go. Meet you right back here, ok?"

Steve glanced at Bucky before he answered. Bucky gave him a small nod.

"You bet!" Steve said with a small smile.

"Going Quantum in three, two, one!" Bruce shouted.

Steve tapped his cuff and shrunk into nothing.

"And returning in five... four... three... two... one."

The wind shifted and Steve appeared on the platform. Bucky's grin quickly faded away.

"I'm home," Steve muttered while looking down at the platform.

Bucky rushed to his side as Steve walked away from Bruce and Sam.

"What happened?" Bucky asked quickly. Steve didn't stop walking. They walked through the grassy field together.

"I went under the ice for 70 years and I expected her to wait for me, that's what happened!" Steve shouted. He finally stopped walking and turned back to Bucky. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's fine. I shouldn't have expected her to wait for me. She deserved to be happy."

                                                                             ꧁✿🌸╭⊱ ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

Mya's POV:

The right side of my face felt like it had been run over multiple times. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw that I was sitting in a chair. I tried to move my hands but they were tied to the back of the chair.