ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

i walked outside and saw my aunt talking to a couple. Probably the neighbours. They seemed really nice and welcoming. I dont know what they were talking about, and honestly i couldnt care less. Ive been in this position before, where my aunt talks with the neighbours about the house, bills, places and everything, just back then it was in a shittier house.
they didnt seem really old, but not really young either. Probably in their 40s, 50s or something. But compared to my old neighbourhood they were really young.

i heard the laughter again. The laughter was really loud, but at the same time really comforting. The laughter was a bit raspy, but it made me smile, thats my first smile in this city.

'so sorry about that, its our son laughing, if it ever bothers you please let us know' said the man.

' oh no i dont mind at all, how old is your son if i can ask?' My aunt asked.

now i was interested, i really wanted to be friends with him, he seemed like a good guy, even though ive only heard his laugh.
I stepped closer to listen.

'he just turned 16' said the woman.

'oh! My niece is the same age as your son!' She turned around and saw me, i tried to escape back into the house, but it was too late, she came and held my hand and made me walk with her towards the couple.

the couple were both now staring at me. I didnt like the attention, i just wanted to go in the house and fall on my bed, or more specifically, mattress. The bed wont be here for another 2 weeks. Out of all the furniture that were getting, mine is coming last, great.

' hi! Im mrs. Simons, but you can call me kate, and this is mark, i think you and thomas will get along' she said smiling at me.

so thomas is his name. Its weirdly fancy for a boy who sits on his computer all day and laughs. I dont know, just my opinion.

'i will tell thomas to come down here as soon as he finishes streaming' said mark.

'streaming?' My aunt said excitedly.

'Yeah, he streams some sort of block game almost everyday, and he is pretty succesful at it ,he has 6 million subscribes on his youtube channel. ' kate said proudly.

'impressive!' my aunt said. They continued to talk about the neighbourhood and the supermarkets near, i kind of just zoned out the entire time they talked.

a streamer? With 6 million subscribers on youtube? Indeed impressive. How have i not heard of him before. Thomas. Just way too fancy for a youtuber. Minecraft youtuber i believe. I havent played minecraft in a while, but it is a fun game. I know its just full of blocks and animals, and, blocks. But its fun.

It was also one of my comfort things to do, besides going to the pond, drawing, and cutting. But we had to leave my laptop back home, and honestly i didnt mind, that laptop was shit anyway. It was so slow, i couldnt do anything on it. Youtube was slow, netflix was slow, minecraft was slow, everything was slow.

I took out my phone and opened youtube, i looked up the name Thomas minecraft, but there only came up some 40 year olds who played minecraft with 30k people watching. Yeah that was definetly not the guy i was looking for.
i scrolled down a bit more, but didnt find anything. What if he had a stage name, a lot of people have stage names on social media, but i have no idea what his stage name could be, maybe Loud Screamer plays minecraft?

'DAD!!' i heard a boy call.

it was the same voice. The voice i heard before. I saw mark go in the house answering. It was Thomas.

'Why dont we all just go in? Get to know eachother better?' Kate suggested.

'i dont mind' my aunt said. She looked at me, and i knew that she could tell, that i didnt wanna go inside and that i just wanted to go to my room. But she went in, and honestly, a little part of me also wanted to go in and meet Thomas.

i hesitated a little, but still entered the house.

i heard some mumbling from upstairs, two men talking about something. Probably mark and thomas.

i took off my shoes and looked around the house, i knew it was
unpolite to just go around a house and look at their stuff, but i was scared to go upstairs, honestly what if thomas thought i was a dumb slut? A lot of people have called me that in my old school, and mostly i didnt mind, since i got used to it. It only hurt if people who actually mattered to me said that to me. And that happened quite a lot sadly.

i heard them all talking upstairs, greeting eachother and talking about random shit. Now i was convinced that i wanted to go back, maybe some other time ill meet him. I just cant right now.

'Y/N! COME UPSTAIRS!!' I heard my aunt yell, i stayed quiet, i wanted her to think that i left. So that she could leave me alone. So that i could just go in my room, listen to music, and chill.

but then she came downstairs, she saw that i was in the kitchen just wandering around, looking at all the cups on the shelves and the plants on the table.

'what the hell are you doing?' She said

i looked at her, and i think she got the message that i wanted to go home, that was literally right next to us. But did she care? No.

'Can you please come upstairs, kate and mark want to introduce you to Thomas' she said.

i still didnt answer, i didnt care at this point.

'y/n please, then after you can go back home' she said.

okay honestly, if i just wander here then this will go on for longer, so lets just get this over with i guess. And i still kind of wanted to meet him.

i stepped up the stairs, my aunt in front of me. The sounds of giggling and talking became louder and louder. My aunt made it upstairs and entered a room. I shivered. I was scared to enter the room, even though i was about to meet someone that made me smile, i was scared. Meeting new people is not my thing. I get so scared and i dont know what to do, and i just end up embarrasing myself.

i sighed and stepped up to the 2nd floor and entered the room everyone was in. And there he was.
Thomas.

when i entered the room, Thomas started staring at me, we both just stared at eachother for a few seconds, until i gathered up my courage, and decided to say the first words.

'hi' i said softly and quietly, i didnt wanna say anything too loud, another loud kid is never good.

'hi' he said aswell, we both couldnt get our eyes off of eachother, i dont know why, i just couldnt look anywhere else.

'were gonna go downstairs, so you kids can get to know eachother a little bit' kate said.

mark, kate and my aunt all left the room, and now it was just me and thomas in his room.
still staring at eachother.
God those ocean blue eyes are so pretty.

_______________________________________________________________

1272 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ♡︎'