sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ

I walked beside the police, my hands shaking from fear, not knowing what to expect when i walk through the door. My mind was full of crazy thoughts. Thinking what coulve my aunt possibly done to get the police involved? I mean shes not that crazy...

i wanted to tell tommy and carmen about what was happening, but they took my phone. And they said i would get it back after i talked with my aunt. But honestly, i didnt even want to talk to her, she fucked up, and i know she fucked up bad. Like, bad bad.

we continued walking for a while, until the two policeman next to me started to walk faster towards the door. Before opening it, they mumbled something to eachother, that i didnt understand.

they opened the door and looked at me, signaling me to step inside.

i was nervous.

so fucking nervous.

i stepped slowly inside the room, with a police officer stepping in with me.

and there she was.

behind the glass, holding a telephone, waiting for me to sit down and talk with her.

seeing her, in an orange jumpsuit, her hair a complete mess, her eyes red and dark from crying and lack of sleep. I just, i couldnt look at her. She looked so tired, so done.

i slowly walked towards the glass, i sat down in my seat, and with my hands sweatier then ever, i picked up the phone and held it close to my ear.

she did the same.

the first few seconds we didnt say anything. I think she understood that it was hard for me to wrap my head around this. I mean my aunt got fucking arrested? For what? Literally, what did she do that got her to jail.

'hey' she said with her voice being a bit raspy.

'hi' i said with a low tone.

she gulped and looked at me.

'how are you?' She asked softly with a smile on her face, trying to start the conversation nicely.

'well, ive been better' i said.

she nodded her head, and her smile turned into a frown.

it was so hard to see her like this. Even though, she wasnt my most favourite person ever, i still cared for her. I didnt want her here. I wanted her to be home with me. I wanted both of us to laugh at dumb tv shows like we did recently. This is the last place where i wanna see her. Its fucking horrifying.

'how was school? Did you and tommy finish the project? Im sure it turned out gre-'

'why are you here?' I interrupted her.

she looked at me and sighed. She obviously didnt wanna talk about it. But i needed answers. I needed to know what she did for her to be in this situation. Im not leaving, until she tells me whats going on.

but she didnt.

she just sat there, quietly.

not saying a damn word.

'why, are you here?' I asked impatiently.

'look, do we really have to talk about this now?' She asked. 'I mean-'

'yes we do, i need to know why youre here, please' i told her. I could feel how tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. i tried my best to hold them back

she sighed, before she started to explain.

'okay, well' she sighed. 'Do you remember gabe?'

of course i do. I can never forget that disgusting perv.