ғ**ᴋ ɪᴛ.

tommy sat next to a boy, constantly making eye contact with me, and both of us sometimes just randomly laughing out of nowhere. I really hope that we can be partners.

carmen saw how tommy and i were constantly staring at eachother, but she didnt question it. She just snickered everytime i looked at her. At first i was confused, but then i realized what she meant. I probably have to tell her today.

after everyone got comfortable in the class, the teacher stood up from her chair and looked at us with a smile.

'so, i see some of you guys are already familiar with eachother' she said looking at all of us with a smile.

i looked at tommy, and he glanced back. We both broke into a quiet giggle. Hopefully no one noticed.

'now, please chose your partners, i will then start explaining what you need to do in this project'

everyone started to get up and greet the people they wanted to be with, but with also some people just meeting theyre partners. I looked at carmen and smiled.

'im gonna go with-'

'tommy' she finished my sentence.

i looked at her and breathed through my teeth.

'i- um' i stuttered.

'just go.' She said laughing. 'Go get your man'

i was surprised by her comment, but i didnt respond to it. I just stood up and walked over to tommy. I dont know if carmen wanted me to respond to her comment, say shit like 'what? No! Shut up' like i thought she was bullshitting me or something. Or she actually knew that there was something going on between me and tommy. i probably will tell her about us later on.

i walked over to tommy with a huge grin on my face. Tommy looked at me with his smile ear to ear. He stood up and pulled me close to him, giving me a hug. He wasnt worried about other people seeing us due to the mess in the classroom. Everyone was running around like little elves.

'hey' i giggled.

'hey' he said letting go and sitting in his seat, with me sitting next to him.

'this teacher is cool, your lucky to have her' he told me smiling.

'you know a lot about the school considering the fact that its your first year here' i laughed.

he shrugged his shoulders and looked at me.

'My friends have told me a lot about this college' he said.

'wow you have friends?' I said gasping 'surprising'

'shut up' he said looking away. I only laughed at his reaction.

'ALRIGHT! SILENCE EVERYONE' the teacher snapped her fingers and raised her voice, the class was now full of loud teenagers, no more peace and quiet.

'okay, so please listen carefully, since im only going to explain this once' she said.

'pfft, no' tommy whispered. I looked at him and snickered. Im pretty sure im the only one who heard him whisper that.

'alright, so what you will be doing, js that you would have to create a storyline, or a message in the video you will be creating.' She started explaining 'with the people from my class drawing an animation that matches the message, and the other people from editing class #21 editing the entire thing, both of the partners need to have an equal amount of work'

whispers started to fill the class. The teacher really didnt care since it wasnt as loud as before.

'the message is up to you, but please make it appropriate. The video has to be under 4 minutes long. If you want my personal opinion, then please tell me about your idea. And with that you can get to work!'

people started grabbing theyre notebooks and pencils, scribbling theyre ideas on to the sheets of paper. Mumbles started to fill the classroom, with them talking about what message they wanted to put in the video.

i turned to tommy, and he was looking around the room with a worried face.

'whats wrong?' I asked him.

He looked at me and sighed.

'i dont know what the video should be about, i- i have zero ideas' he said supporting his head with his hand.

'wow, tommy has zero ideas. Thats a shock' i laughed.

'i know!' He said. 'even im surprised'

to be honest i had no ideas either, well, maybe one. Mental health awarness? I dont know, everyone was probably gonna use that. But i still wanted to draw something that describes how bad mental health can get. But i dont know if tommys on board with the idea.

'how about....' i started. 'Mental health awarness..?'

he looked at me and raised his eyebrow. It seemed like he actually liked the idea.

'you know what, fuck it' he said, shifting around his chair.  'lets do it'

i smiled and pulled out my notebook. I opened a random page and wrote on the top.

𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵

both of us started to suggest some ideas. Even though the topic was very dark, we had a lot of fun. Just suggesting ideas and always making fun of them. not being offensive of course. Im pretty sure our other classmates thought we were fucking dumb.

we had many ideas, but we knew we could only use a few since the video had to be atleast 4 minutes long. Some people were already gonig through the programs they were gonna use, and when they were gonna meet up to work on the project, since they were done with the content of the video. Im pretty sure we were the slowest ones in class.

The 2 hours went by like minutes. we were almost done with the content of our video. We just had a few little things to add.

I looked over at tommy and he was concentrated by the paper infront of him. Thinking of ideas for the video to complete it, and not leave a lot of extra work for later.

maybe i should ask him, like right now? The class will end in any second, and i promised carmen that i was gonna eat lunch with her. I needed to ask him. I really wanted to tell carmen about us.

'hey, so i wanted to know, is it okay if i-'

'OKAY! EVERYONE THE LESSON IS OVER! PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PROJECTS SOON! THE DEADLINE IS IN 2 WEEKS' the teacher shouted over the classroom.

great. Just when i was about to ask him.

eveyrone started to pack theyre bags with speed, and dash out of the classroom. While me and tommy were slowly taking our time to put our things away.

after we did we both stood up, said our goodbyes to the teacher and walked out of the classroom.

'sorry, um what did you wanna say?' Tommy asked me.

'oh, uh nothing' i said. Tommy nodded and continued walking down the hallway.

i then see carmen, who was smirking at me and tommy.

i sigh and look at him.

'well, see you later' i said smiling.

he pulled me into a hug and hugged me tightly, not even caring about being in a public place. And honestly i didnt either.

we finally let go after a few seconds. He went his way and i went mine. I walked over to carmen who was giggling like a maniac, like she just saw one of the most funniest videos ever. well, instead she saw me and tommy hugging. Welp, i have some explaining to do.

'hey' i said.

'heyyy' she said slowly, still giggling.

'okay, honestly, there is something going on between you and tommy'

there is.

'like, you two are head over heels for eachother'

we are.

'like, you guys have to be dating.

oh god, here it goes.

'actually, we are'

1305 words! ♡︎