twenty-six

There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side. It's the climb ≈ The Climb, Miley Cyrus

I'm tired, and I want to sleep.

But I can't. 

Kyle will be here soon. 

"It seems, that I've underestimated you and Kyle."

I cower against the wall, unable to hide my fear of Jacob. What I did the other day, angering him, it caused more pain than I was ready for. The constant stabbing pain in my side told me I had probably cracked a few ribs. I was sure my wrist was broken, I couldn't even move it at this point. I had lost count of how many bruises I thought I had, several spots on my body being too sensitive to touch.

"That's your mistake." I grit out through the pain.

Damn Werewolves.

"No, it's not. I can still kill you in three seconds, Gemma. Before lover-boy even get's a chance to smell your scent."

"What happened to him finding me on the brink of death?" I mock him.

 If I am going to die, I might as well have some fun before I go.

But you're not going to die.

 "Oh trust me, Kyle finding you dead will be much more fun."

"Yeah? Well not for long, because he'll kill you in two seconds flat." I challenge.

"I'm willing to die for my cause, Gemma. As long as you suffer the most painful death."

I don't get a chance to answer, before I feel the cold metal against my skin, and he plunges a knife into my stomach. The pain that it causes erupts in a fiery heat. 

I feel the worry and a rush of anger hit me as I take a few gasps of oxygen in.

I'm fine.

It's not much to reassure Kyle, especially when he can feel my pain, but it'll have to do. I can feel his presence in my mind, his emotions and his love swallowing me as I try to push the pain away.

"Did you ever think that maybe this isn't what Jess wants?" I ask, my breath feeling laboured as he pulls the knife out.

"She's dead. It doesn't matter what she wants."

The knife rips through the skin on my arm, from my elbow to my wrist. I scream as the pain engulfs me, drowning me. 

Luckily he didn't cut my broken wrist.

I stay quiet as the tip of the knife is placed on my neck, the cold metal biting the skin. 

I barely breathe, knowing the wrong move could cause me unimaginable pain. I wait for it, wait for the suffering to end, wait for the emotional agony to begin.

Wait for it all to end, and the nothingness to begin.

I wait for the one move from Jacob that could end it all.

My heart is beating, resembling a thousand drums in my chest. I press my palms against my stomach, liquid seeping through my fingers as I apply pressure.

My blood.

"Say hello to Jess for me."

Then the knife is taken away from my neck and his fist hits me right in the temple.

I slump to the ground, all my energy long gone, along with my ability to fight.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of Kyle."