twenty three / part two ≈ Hurt

<><><><><><>

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know. Well now they know. Let it go, let it go. Can't hold it back anymore ≈ Let It Go, Demi Lovato

<><><><><><>

Ω Gemma Ω

I'm frozen. I can't move, I can't speak.

My best friends.

My hand fall from Kyles grip. Because I'm so shocked.

They're here.

"Three years and nothing?"

"Oliver, don't start." Mason growls and I take a step back.

"Your all- And your an- And you didn't-"

"We know." Tyson says.

"We wanted to tell you."

"But you couldn't" I whisper.

"No. We couldn't."

"Your parents said they were going to tell you but then... Shit Gem, we're so sorry."

"Their not dead." I whisper. It's all I can say right now.

"What?" Tyson asks, sounding shocked.

"They didn't die. It was a stunt. It's a long story but they went into hiding, they didn't know I was blinded in the accident."

"How do you know this?" Mason asks.

"Because I sa- I spoke to them. The other week." When I was being held hostage by a crazy lunatic who wanted to kill me or my mate.

Kyle growls and I realise I forgot to block my thoughts.

"I'm fine." I tell him, feeling claustrophbic all of the sudden.

Kyle pulls me into his chest. I take a deep breath, knowing that their listening and that they are going to want answers. Especially Oliver.

They were my best friends before I left my home town. I'd known them all since I was three, although my friendship with Oliver only really started a year before I was in the accident. But it doesn't matter, because I just left without an explanation.

"He's gone." I murmur.

"Your still hurt." Kyle's arms tighten around me.

"He's dead." I whisper.

"Wait, what's going on?" Mason asks.

"Why don't you guys come in. I have a lot of explaning to do." I mumble and I feel Kyle nod.

"Damn right you do." Oliver growls.

Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω
Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω

"You shot him?"

"Yeah."

"After he had stabbed you?"

"Yes."

"And you saw? But through Kyle's eyes?"

"Yes Mason. Jesus, keep up." Tyson exclaims.

"Well sorry I'm having trouble absorbing all this!" Mason says back.

It's silent for a bit, and I start pacing. I know Olivers still mad. He hasn't said anything in the last ten minutes.

"I'm sorry."

"Gemma, you don't-"

"Yes, Ty, I do. I know I didn't say goodbye and I know it was wrong but I couldn't. I couldn't say the words to your faces. I was slowly killing myself and I needed to get away. I thought leaving would help. Get away from memories."