eleven

Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your head on my beating heart. I'm thinking out loud, That maybe we found love right where we are  ≈ Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran

The next morning, Kyle's in a rush to get out of his room and downstairs to some kind of meeting he has. "I'll get Stacy to come and meet you up here, she said she's just finishing her breakfast and then she'll be up."

I nod, "Tell her not to rush, I'm just going to chill for a bit."

"I hate having to leave you here while I got to these meetings." I picture him with a frown on his cute face. 

"Don't be silly, you've got a job to do."

"You could always come with me, Angel." He says, adding in the pet name he uses from time to time. 

"If you don't go soon you'll be late." I reply. 

Kyle's lips press against my forehead, quick to pull away.

"Don't get into too much trouble." He says. 

He goes to walk away, but I pull him back. "Nah-uh." I pull him in close, our chest touching, our lips touching. Our souls connecting as we kissed each other.

I pulled away, resulting in a small growl from Kyle. I just laugh.

"You have to go, mister."

His laugh surrounds me as the door closes.

**

I'm pretty sure I'm standing in the middle of a deserted corridor, looking like a freaking idiot.

Oh wait, I am a freakin idiot.

I've walked into a wall three times.

Three times!

My nose hurts.

"Do you need some help?" A voice asks, startling me out of my thoughts.

I jump, my feet practically airborne. I whirl around.

"Uh, hi." I say awkwardly. "Yes, please. That would be great."

I, being the very smart person that I am, decided to leave Kyle's bedroom before Stacy came up. I don't really know why I thought it would be a good idea to go out on my own, considering I don't know this place at all. But here I am, being picked up by some stranger who found me in the hallway, probably with a red nose. 

"I'm Avery, by the way." She says, her hand gripping my forearm. I smile at her.

"I'm Gemma."

"Oh, I know who you are. Everyone does. Alpha Kyle told us that we should say 'hi' if we saw you, but you looked really alone and lost so I thought 'hey, let's help our Luna'. I mean, who doesn't want to help their Luna? I do. I mean, I am right now." She babbles, barely taking a breath.

"Can you help me downstairs?" I ask quietly.

She steers me to the right, quickly but gently. "Of course. Sorry, I talk a lot. My mate says that one day I'm going to lose my voice. Permanently. But he's just joking." She laughs. "I think." She adds on, a frown in her voice.

I stare hard at the blackness surrounding me, trying to get past the curtain of darkness, the never ending abyss. My ever after.

"You have a mate?" I ask. Avery leads me down the stairs slowly, making sure to warn me of how many stairs left, how far away they are.

"Yes, I do." She replies when we get to the bottom. "His name is Scott. We met last year when I turned sixteen and we both realised we were mates." She says, the love evident in her voice.