four

When your hand finds the hand it was meant to hold, Don't let go. Someone comes into your world, Suddenly your world has changed forever ≈ Heart By Heart, Demi Lovato

••

 The next morning I wake up feeling groggy, as though the sleep I got did little to help my mind and body rest. It doesn't feel like I got any sleep at all. My mind feels like it's on overdrive, spinning and spinning around with all this new information, this new life that's opened up in front of me.

Me, the Luna of a Pack of Werewolves I don't know and can't see. Kyle, someone I barely know, my mate who I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with apparently, runs a whole Pack of Werewolves and is a Werewolf.

But I'll never get to see his face or look into his eyes or see him smile.

I had never really thought about finding someone and falling in love, figuring it was impossible being blind and finding the person who is meant for you. Can I really be with him if I know I'm never going to see him?

My brain hurts.

After dropping the news that he is the Alpha, Kyle sat in my room in silence until I fell asleep. He refused to leave and I refused to hear any more information in case I had a heart attack from all the news. I appreciated him letting it go and sitting in silence because I honestly didn't know how to respond to that. 'Okay' is not a response I can give him. I can't just be a Luna, I can't just help him lead a Pack. It doesn't work like that, I can't even leave the house on my own, I can't be independent because I can't see.

Dragging myself out of bed, a headache makes itself known in my head as I make my way down the stairs. Voices in the kitchen get louder and louder as my feet trudge in in front of the other.

I find the kitchen easily, my hand running itself along the walls. The room falls quiet as I walk into it and I let out a huff of air. I haven't spoken to Drew since he told me the truth and I haven't spoken to Jaz and Ryan since I found out, but I know they're in the kitchen at the moment and trying to gauge how I'm reacting to the world changing news.

"Got any more secrets to finally tell me this morning?" It's a petty thing to say but goddammit I'm mad and hurt and a part of me needs them to know that.

"Don't be like that Gem, we had our reasons for keeping it from you," Drew replies from across the room.

I ignore him and walk further into the room, getting an apple out of the bowl and then turning to leave the room. I thought I could have a normal conversation with them but I can't, not today, not right now. "I'm not going to school today, and I don't want to talk to you lot right now so please, just leave me alone"

••

I'm sitting in the backyard, the grass soft underneath my fingertips as the sun beats down on me. I sit here with my eyes closed, imagining that everything is okay. That I'm sitting here, with my eyes closed, with perfect vision and a normal family and a normal life.

No more disability, no more secrets, no more trying to be okay but really struggling.

No more Werewolves and Alpha's and freaking mates.

The back door opening catches my attention and my guard slams up, "I told everyone to leave me alone," I call out to whoever is trying to come out here.

"I know, I thought I'd come and see if you're okay," It's Kyle, and something inside of me softens at hearing his voice.

"Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone in my family." My eyes are still closed as his footsteps come closer and closer, "Have you been here long?"