sixteen

But how do you expect me to live alone with just me. 'Cause my world revolves around you. It's so hard for me to breathe ≈ No Air, Jordin Sparks

I'm aware of the throbbing in my neck before I'm aware of the empty bed beside me. I'm then aware that I don't remember lying on a bed, before I remember exactly what happened.

An angry Kyle apparently results in a pain like I've never felt before. That's saying something considering I was blinded in an accident. 

Everything feels a bit disoriented as I wake up more, unsure exactly what bed I'm in and where. Am I still at the Pack House? Is Kyle here somewhere? Do I even want to see him?

I have none of those answers.

I can feel my heartbeat thump in my neck, the blood rushing to the wound created by my Werewolf mate. I have no idea why he did what he did. It's probably some weird Werewolf thing they do.

I'm not a fan of it.

"Gemma?" I nod to show Michael I'm awake. The door squeaks as he opens it and enters the room. I think we're at my family's house, my old bedroom door always squeaked when opening. "How's your neck feeling?"

"Sore." I mumble.

Michael sighs before the bed dips beside me. I feel him sitting next to me, his eyes probably trained on the area above my collar bone. 

"What happened?" I whisper as I lean against him and rest my head on his shoulder.

Michael sighs. "The mate bond is a very delicate thing, it's main purpose is to bring two mates together as quickly as possible. A part of that, is making sure two mates aren't apart for too long before they have fully mated, in order for them to grow closer and not away from each other. Kyle was away for too long, that's why you haven't been feeling well the last few days."

"Why would he leave for so long if he knew it was going to affect me like that?" I ask.

"I don't think he really thought it through, he left in such a rush and he didn't really know how long he was going to be gone for. That's something you'll need to ask him yourself because I'm not really sure."

"What actually happened? It felt like he bit my neck."

"He did. It's called Marking. It's part of the mating process. The male Werewolf bites the female's shoulder, it combines their scents and shows other Werewolves that the pair are mated. Kyle now smells like you, like a mated Werewolf, and you have a mark on your shoulder to show that you're mated." Michael explains, his voice flat.

"You don't sound too happy about all of this."

"It isn't supposed to be done without consent, especially not with a human mate. It causes you more pain. He didn't have enough control to stop himself or his Wolf. He's the Alpha, he's supposed to set an example to the Pack on how to treat mates, not hurt his more and more with his actions." 

We sit in silence for a second, I'm not sure exactly what to say. I've never even heard of Marking and now apparently I've been marked. "So, what does this mean now?"

"It means you're officially the Luna of Kyle's Pack. It also means he has a whole Pack that witnessed what happened and are royally pissed off at him for what he did." 

"Why would they be mad at him?"

Mikey pauses for a second before answering. "The Luna is looked up to almost more than the Alpha, especially in our Pack. Kyle is an amazing Alpha, but the Luna is the one who grounds him and keeps him in line when others can't. On top of that, you're human so everyone's instincts to protect you are stronger, add to that you being blind and the Pack can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you. The last person that should hurt you is Kyle, yet here we are."