twenty seven

Chapter twelve in Noah's POV

"Hey, Noah." I look up from my cereal to see Kyle standing in the doorway to the kitchen, a grin on his face.

"Hey, man." I grin back at him. I get up and give him the whole handshake-slash-bro-hug-thing. You know, like the men we are.

I look at him as he drops his bag on the ground. Exhaustion clouds his eyes and he really needs a shave, just saying. He looks homeless.

"So, how did it go?" He takes a seat at the kitchen counter with me as I continue to shove my face with cereal. He clearly isn't hungry because when I offer him some, he purses his lips and shakes his head.

Huh, him and Gemma both aren't eating.

"Not good." Kyle told me that he was really going to Gemma's old home, where Alpha Dave's Pack is. He went to see the Pack Doctor to see if there was anything that could ever happen with Gemma's eyesight.

"What happened?" I ask, taking another spoonful of food.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Kyle grumbles. "What am I supposed to do? She doesn't deserve this."

He's right. Gemma, of all people, does not deserve this. There are people out there who are stealing, killing other people, taking drugs, wasting there life away. And then there is Gemma who is blind because of a stupid car accident.

"I know. I think you just have to keep doing what you have been doing, Kyle." I mutter, my mouth full of food. Manners isn't really my forte.

"Noah, ew!" Kyle laughs taking the spoon out of my hand and helping himself to my cereal. "But, I did speak to a Pack Elder who had something very interesting to say."

Kyle then proceeds to take a spoonful of cereal, effectively creating suspense in his story. "Come on, that is not fair! You can't say that and not continue!" I whine, taking back my cereal so that he can't stop telling the story.

"Okay, okay. Just chill out!" He laughs. "So, the Pack Doctor said that there was absolutely nothing we could do. She basically said that she's blind so move on and help her move on as well. So when I was walking out of the Pack House, getting ready to leave, a Pack Elder came up to me.

He said that he knew Gemma when she was younger and that what happened to her and her family was a tragedy and all of that. Then he also told me that there was a similar situation about thirty years ago. But this time the guy was blind and human. Anyway, the guy hadn't seen in three years and they quickly fell in love. Then, when they mated, he got his sight back for a day. Something to do with their souls connecting as one and for a day everything becomes perfect before reality actually caught up with them and his eyesight disappeared."

"Well shit." I mutter, my eyes wide. Kyle shakes his head.

"I know."

"Are you going to tell her?" I ask, kind of dreading the answer.

"No. No, I'm not. For a few reasons. One, I don't want to get her hopes up. For all we know this Pack Elder was some crazy guy making up tales. Two, I don't want her to feel like she has to mate with me just so she can see. I don't want her to rush it." He tells me, worry evident in his eyes.

Let's get one thing straight. Gemma is the luna of the Pack. Besides Kyle, who is her mate, and Michael, who is her protector, everyone else has this... Bond with her as well. The Luna of the Pack is the role model, she's the mother figure. We all care for her and although it's harder with her being a human and ever harder with her being blind. We all want to help her and let her know that we are here for her but it's almost impossible.