epilogue • three

I didn't feel the fairytale feeling, no. Am I a stupid girl for even dreaming that I could? If it's not like the movies, that's how it should be, yeah. When he's the one, I'll come undone ≈ Not Like The Movies, Katy Perry

I sigh and lean against the bench in exhaustion.  There's the fact that I've barely had any sleep, add to that that my children are - and I mean this is the nicest way possible - annoying the hell out of me, minus the fact that Kyle is not here at the moment and multiply it but the fact that I am blind and what does it equal? A mad, blind, annoyed human mother.

"Don't touch my spaghetti!" Blake exclaims, a slight growl in his tone.

"Then don't steal my fork!" Jay retorts. I can basically see him poke his tongue out at his twin brother.

"I only used it to mix my food! It's not even that big of a deal." Blake argues.

I take a deep, shaky breath. You know that feeling when everyone is talking or shouting and you suddenly just feel disorientated? And you just want to shout at everyone to shut up? That's how I'm feeling right now.

"Mum! Mum?!" Zoe's voice calls. I take another deep breath.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything. I love them more than you could ever imagine. But I'm in a bad mood and they're all getting on my last nerve.

"Yes, Zoe?"I breath out, turning around to face where her voice came from.

"What's for dinner?" My only daughter asks. 

"Spaghetti." I mumble. I know she's not going to be happy with that answer.

Blake and Jay have both shut up and I know they're both watching me. I can feel their eyes watching me. They're probably even trying to mind-link Zoe to tell her to shut up. "Ugh. We're having spaghetti again? For the third night in a row!" She complains.

"I know. I just haven't had time to make something else." Or the energy to try and not burn myself. Or the dignity to ask for anyones help. Kyle is the one who made the spaghetti.

"Had time? Mum, you don't do anything! You sit around here moping around or something. I get it, okay? Being the only human in the house must suck but seriously, can't you just suck it up?"

And, here comes the freaking tears. You know those times in your life when you just don't want to cry, it's actually the last thing you want to do. But you just cry anyway? Yeah, that's me right now. How pathetic.

I need you to come home.

I can basically feel him nod. Our connection has gotten a lot stronger over the years. He can't exactly talk back to me, it's more like I can feel Kyle's presence.

"Zoe!" The twins exclaim at the same time.

I feel someone, Jake's, arms around me. They're turning me around - probably to face him. I'm taking shallow breaths as my oldest son tries to console me.

"Mum? Mum, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I mumble as I break out of his hold. I take a deep breath, wipe my eyes and wait for Kyle to come home. I can hear the twins talking in hushed voices so that I can't hear them, which means that they are talking about me. Oh the joy.

"What's going on?" My mate's voice demands from not too far away. I can feel him in my head, trying to read my thoughts on what's going on.

I'm going for a walk. Look after the kids.

"Gem, just wait." I shake my head.

"I'll be back soon. I just need some air." 

Wiping my cheeks with the back of my hands, I walk out of the house without bumping into anything, thank God.