Into the darkness

"So, everyone is gone?!"-Caroline uttered as Stefan finished with his update-"just like that?! Like nothing ever mattered and all we did together was washed away by rain?! Now she has her memories back and she wants to go away?!"

Stefan was quiet. There was nothing he could say that would lessen her disappointment at the revelation that there is a point when everyone had to move away to find their own way in this world.

"Elena said she needed to step back and I understand her. Eversince her parents died it was one thing after another. She really didn't take time to really figure out what she wanted out of life?!"-he said.

"She wants to be away from us!"- Caroline stated- "well, she has always wanted that, really!"

"How about you? What do you want?"- Stefan asked.

"Me?"

"Yes. What are your dreams?"

Caroline was gobsmacked. Since Klaus, noone  raised the question about what her wants and wishes were or had given her the attention she had always sought. She looked at him smiling a little.

"I want to finish college...and then I guess I will figure out what I want. Find someone that loves me."

"I've done college many times. But I'd like to do college again. Forget saving the world and have some fun for a change."

"Really?"- Caroline was surprised.

"Yeah. I leave that to Damon and Bonnie. He kind of always wanted to be some kind of action hero anyway."- Stefan said.

****

In Congo, Damon couldn't accept to sit still and wait till Bonnie does whatever she needed to do to stop psychodelic witches mess with the balance of magic. He followed her to the point where he was stopped by Liv's confidante.

"I have to get to her!"- he said.

"This has to be done!"- the woman said " or it all will go away forever!!"

"Something is not right here! I should have realized. She was too calm!!"- Damon shouted but he couldn't get passed the witch.

They both looked up to the sky and saw how it started to get dark as the eclipse started to happen. It brought bad memories of the prison world back like a punishment for all bad he had done. Suddenly it felt like the black sun was burning him at that very moment. 

He could hear the witches performing the ritual and their chanting and then something like a horrific whirlwind raised and within a second all was  quiet as if time stood still. The witch looked at him with her dark eyes and  letting him pass.

He ran towards the point of the ritual. 

Bonnie stood like nothing had happened. He hugged her happy that everything seemed to be all right.

Kai and Jo woke up, looking at everyone around them and the surroundings not understanding what they were doing there.

Liv now took charge explaining to them what had happened.

"What do you want Damon?!"- Bonnie moved away from his hug looking at him in a stern fashion like she had done so many times before.

"What?... What's going on???!"- Damon didn't understand why she acted so strange and then turned towards Liv blazing at her - "what have you done to her??!"

Bonnie removed him with her new absorbed powers so he couldn't hurt the witch saying- "Go! I will deal with him?!"

Damon looked in amazement quickly  getting up resuming the idea to get answers from Liv, but Bonnie stopped him again.
Liv and her siblings moved away in a hurry.
Damon now  looked at Bonnie trying to understand what the hell was going on with her.

"Sorry, but I can't have you hurt them!"- Bonnie said.

"Damn it, Bon. Something is not right here?! This doesn't look like it is you?!"
Bonnie just gave him a whatever-look and said simply-
"Right. Can we go?!" -and waited for him as if slightly annoyed that he was making too much noise over nothing, to follow her.

"This is it. You act like all is normal and I know nothing is normal?!"- Damon remarked.

"Just want to get out of here, that's all?!"- Bonnie said.

"UGH!!"- Damon exclaimed- "I should have know that this was not going to go right!!"- he shouted and whizzed to her as she was walking away towards the village.

"Look at me!"- he now insisted.

She stood in front of him. Her eyes looked lifeless.

"Please tell me this is not happening... you sucked their magic and the evil in him got into you?!"

"Oh, Damon, don't be dramatic!"- she then said smiling a bit. But the smile looked like a sour one- "I thought you liked chicks who are edgy, vampire-like, kick-ass, who don't get pushed over?!"

"This isn't you. This gemini magic has done something to you? Why did you say yes to it?! I will kill Liv!!"

"You will not do such thing."- Bonnie then said waving at him and started chocking him without touching him "don't make me angry!"

"All right!"- he said bearly being able to breathe.

She let go and he gasped for breath now.

"Are you coming?! I want to get out of here!" she said and now started walking again.

There was nothing he could do at that moment. It was best to let it be and figure out how to divert what had happened when they get home. He went after her.

"It was too good to be true!"- he thought to himself -"bloody Gemini witches!!"