The boy saw a comet

Bonnie drove the car like mad to her grams' house in Mystic Falls. As she got to it, a lot what had happened rushed  back in like a bad memory. Nevertheless, she got into the house, and looked for the Grimroire she had hidden into a secluded cabinet in her grams' room. She looked around the room for a moment. Everything was as she had left it several months ago. She then picked up quickly some of the stuff that she held dear and got out of the house. But then she turned around and stood there for a moment like frozen.The last several months had deeply turned things around for her. It wasn't the moment when she found out she was a witch, nor a lot of other times, when she had to make difficult decisions, but when she stayed all alone in that purgatory of 1994. Or maybe it all piled up and then it all got topped off with having to endure time on her own, knowing a crazy warlock was not far away. She had so much time to think, maybe way too much.

Flashback

A month, or so, after she had sent Damon back to 2014 reality, Bonnie stayed at her Gram's house, but Kai wouldn't let her be, so she went the Boarding house, spelling it,so Kai could not enter. She made it her sanctuary. Strangely there she felt closer to everyone, especially Damon. She didn't get out of the house for days. She read books from the vast Salvatore library. She cleaned the place, danced, slept, did the crossword puzzle, played music, especially those old records, she had found belonging to Zach and other Salvatore who lived there. She even made pancakes after he had left.

"Damon Salvatore..."- she uttered one day- "I wish you were here... I can't believe I am saying this.... I wish you were here..."- she poured herself his favourite Bourbon. Damon wasn't anymore the vampire she had despised when she first had met. She saw his human side open up each day she had spent with him. And inadvertently, he showed it to her. And strangely, romantic thoughts and feelings for him crept up on her.

"Cheers..."- she raised the glass and sipped the drink down.- "huh... I don't want to feel the way I feel...it will go away...stupid me... how can you think that Damon would care about you..."- she poured another drink, but left it there undrunk.

Bonnie then walked to the car. Liv pulled in.

"Ah...good..."- Bonnie said as she saw the witch get out of the car.

"Where is the fire?!"- Liv asked.

Bonnie then told her what had happened to Damon and that she suspects it was Kai doing something and demanded she take her to the Lockwood house.

"If he sees you there... I told him you were dead!"- Liv said.

Bonnie didn't trust anyone of the family, so she thought what her other move should be. But she also knew she couldn't do much without Liv.

"I need to unlink myself and Damon from him...and I can only do that if I have his blood"- Bonnie said.

"That's easy. I got some."- Liv said.

"Can I have it?!"- Bonnie said in a demanding voice slightly annoyed.

Liv then took her to Luke's and they gave her Kai's blood.

Bonnie couldn't wait long and read the spell from her Grimoire, and like in a flash, she felt like something inside of her broke.

In the apartment, Damon felt it too. He started breathing regularily and feeling a relief he quickly went to phone her letting her know that whatever she had done, worked.

"Thanks..."- Bonnie said to Liv and was ready to leave.

"Wait..."- Liv stopped her- "I will need you to untangle a much bigger spell that your Grandmother did when she helped my family continue with doing magic?!"

Bonnie now looked at Liv giving out that she knew that there was something more to the whole thing than her Grams only helping them to send Kai away.

"Tomorrow..."- Bonnie said- " I have to go back."

___

In Whitmore hospital, Jo felt that her spell got broken.

"Damn!!"- she wasn't pleased. Being linked to Bonnie was something that would help her immensely in her merge with Kai.

____

Bonnie looked at he phone, there was a message from Damon.

"Waiting...ready to pick up where we left off..."

She smiled. It was so very Damon.

__

While he waited he looked at the books Bonnie had bought.

"Comet"- Damon uttered taking one of the books as the title caught his eye-"about the scientist that felt as if he was lost in the world"- he read out.

He started reading it, and he went through it in no time. It was as if he scanned the pages. Then he came to the end of it, just as he heard his car pull up.

She ran up the stairs and he opened the door just as she was about to come to it.

"Hey..."- she said- "you're fine?!"

"I am. Whatever you did, worked!"- he replied.

"It was Kai..."- she said.

"How?"- Damon asked.

"I guess in our switch, the whole blood thing...his blood was in me-but then it got in you cos you are actually the vampire...magic...something happened in that magical switch."-Bonnie explained.

"So...he can do to us now whatever he wants?"-Damon questioned.

"I have unlinked us. Liv had some of his blood and I was so right...they are all weird and something is going on...but I guess, she wants to be on our team!"- Bonnie continued.

"We are team good-guys. She is not stupid."- Damon then said.

"We can't wait anymore. I have to read the Grimoire to see if there is something about the Gemini and need to get to mom."

Bonnie now called Abby. She knew that she was told that she had died after the veil dimminshed. It took a few minutes to make Abby understand what had happened in acutal fact and that Bonnie was alive. She then went on explaining about the Gemini, and Abby couldn't believe the story.

As Bonnie put her phone down, she informed Damon that she is going to meet her mother, who had some knowledge about Sheila's involvement with the Gemini.

"Let's go!."- Damon said-"well, something always stops me from having a good time."- he picked up his jacket- "I knew I had to get dressed."

Bonnie now turned to him and simply gave him a peck -"after this we will have fun. Lots of it"- her eyes shone like a promise.

"Witches honour?!"- Damon joked.

"Yeah, witches honour!...come on!"- she said and they walked out of the apartment.

"What is this you have with you?...a book?"-she noticed him tossing a book on the back seat.

"Yeah. I am dying to find out how it finishes.I remember seeing the comet in 1910..."- he said glancing at Bonnie, then his thoughts recalled the moment.

Flashback

1910

Damon looked at it and his thought went to his mother telling him a story about seeing the comet in 1835.

"I made a wish...and I wished for a boy. I wanted him to be a person full of strength, courageous, loving and find happiness...and my wish came true... I got this dear boy."

"What is it, Damon?"- Bonnie asked as he noticed he was deep in thought.

"Nothing...just something out of the book -reminded me of something."- he said.

"Yeah...? What...?"

"About wishes...and them coming true."-Damon said giving her a sweet look.