There's no place like home

The sun was about ot set and Jo left the hospital together with Alaric trying to find the place where Liv would try to open the passage.

"They have to be in one of three places." Jo said to Alaric and they made their way to the cemetary, hoping it would be near Sheila's tomb.

"I am ready to meet him face to face!" Jo said to Alaric.

"What's the sudden change?!" Alaric was surprised that she had a 360 degrees turn all of a sudden.

"I guess - I just got tired. We sent him away, but you see, somehow things turned around and it's wrong to run and hide- and it is so wrong to let Bonnie stay there with him. I quit being scared. You guys fought a nasty twisted Original vampire and you found a way to stop him."

"Not entirely" Alaric said.

"Still- you fought and I want to fight too." Jo said resolved.

*

In 1994 Mystic Falls, Bonnie looked at the sunset and then like from nowhere she heard the music and lyrics,
"...she eyes me like a pisces when I am weak

I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks"

"What is this? Where is it coming from?" Kai said standing at the door.

"You can hear it too?" Bonnie looked at the witch.

"Something is going on!"  then he started laughing as he realized that Damon has found a way to open a passage to this alternate side.

"Heart-shaped box" Bonnie thought and started running in the direction of her family's house. Since she had vampiric speed she was in her house in no time and looked for the box.
She grinnrd, her heart smiling happily as she found it.

"Everything is linked.That is how nature, the universe works. The only thing is it is not linear, it's intertwined like roots. Never straight forward, at times there are detours, but eventually you get on the right path. The same is with magic. Always look deep into your heart"

Bonnie remembered one of Grams' lectures so vividly now. As she took the box, she could feel an unusual trembling. She opened it and there was an unusual looking device similar to the compass.

She took it in her hand and then placed it on her palm, she pricked her finger with her fang,letting the blood drip onto it, then quickly got out into the garden.
In the real Mystic Falls, Liv cut into Damon's hand as he held the box murmuring words he didn't understand. The moment the dark moon came into zenith both of them looked up. The both could feel something like unusual electric pass through them. Jo felt the same. She stopped the car and looked horrified at Alaric,"It's done!"

"What is done?"Alaric asked.

"They crossed." Jo said poignantly.

Bonnie looked around and she was still in the garden of her Grams' house. Tears came up as she was overwehlmed with emotions.
Then she fell down on the floor. Her stomach wound opened.
"No..."-she uttered faintly-"Damon..."-she called out.
In the garden of Miller's house Damon looked at Liv. He could feel his vampiric self again.
"It worked"-he said to her happily-"where is she??-and as he tried to get out of the garden but  he felt a kick the same he had experienced  when he had crossed the town border.
"You can only exit the garden on the west side"-Liv said-"this house is on the border."
"If it worked I have to go and find her before he gets to her!!"-Damon said worried and annoyed that he couldn't get into Mystic Falls.
"Do what you want...but you will die if you cross...it looks like the magic reversed again"-Liv said.
"Find her....!!"- Damon said desperately and tossed Liv's phone over to her.
Liv now got over the border and hurried to see what had happened.  Kai could be anywhere. She now called Jo.

Kai did as they suspected. He had linked himself with Bonnie and crossed over as she did.

"Liv???? Are you all right?"- Jo was happy to hear her sister.

"Fine... don't ask me why I did it..."

"I won't...but..it doesn't matter now- where are you?"- Jo wanted to know.

Liv explained that she was on her way to meet her. As they agreed where to meet, she called Tyler to explain what had happened.

Kai soon realized with all the people around the town that he was back to the reality and his evil instict was to find out where his family was, as it was clear that they had a hand in getting Bonnie over.

Still at the Miller's house, Damon raged for not being able to cross into the town. He now depended on Liv for information. He tossed the mind coin and decided to call Alaric.

"As always you call when there is something that YOU need!"- Alaric was miffed and Damon knew it was the way he went off at Jo.

"We can do that later when you accuse me of being reckless and only thinking of my own needs- but now please find Bonnie!!"- he said.

"What do you think we are doing??"

"If they were together"- Damon thought of the worst- "then he has got her!!"

"You should have thought about that!!"- Alaric spat back.

"Just find her..."- Damon said cooly.

Then he phoned Stefan letting him know that the crossing ritual was successful. Both Elena and Caroline were elated to hear the news, although their spirits dupmed down as they heard that noone knew where exactly Bonnie was.

***

In the ER of Mystic Falls Hospital a paramedic explained to the attending doctor about the woman's stomach injury.

"The neighbours found her. She was unconscious... her name is Bonnie..."- and the paramedic continued explaining her current condition and what they had administrated.

"OR 4"- the attending said to one of the nurses.

Bonnie's neighbour Emily was filling in the nurse with the details at reception desk.

"I hope she is going to be all right...I don't know who would stab her...she was always such a dear girl...before she fainted- she looked at me and said 'There's no place like home...!'