Things change

"We need to go back..."- Bonnie whispered inbetween kisses and tender cuddles.

"The voice of reason..."-  Damon said giving her another peck and then looked at her seriously.

"What is it?"- she said sweetily.

"Earlier... you know... this is not a joke for me... "

"I know, Damon.... it is not for me either... it's not just us hooking up...it is what I said... I fell for you... yes... I love you... it has not come over night...unless you take it litteraly cos there we only had that one day over and over..." - she said.

"I thought I knew what love was... but... oh... how wrong was I"- he now beamed at her with his stormy blue eyes-" I love you, Bon!... I don't know how it happened... crazy as it is...you sending me back was the best thing you have done... but for all the reasons I never thought would be... and you know what...for the first time...I am scared shitless..."- Damon took her hands now and she could feel him shiver slightly.

"That makes two of us."- Bonnie said and smiled a little. She neared him and kissed him.

When people talked about two souls finding one another, Damon always snarked or dismissed it as something that was not he believed in. Now, he would tell everyone how it actually exists, that you have to look into the eyes of the person that is the one and you don't have to search and wonder is it so or not. You know. And you don't have to be better and the other person doesn't have to be worse or change to fit the picture the other has set up.

"Shall we now go and get that Gemini witches?!"- he said.

"Yes!!"- Bonnie nodded and they continued with the drive.

*****

 In Mystic Falls, Liv revised the spell she had been working on for years. It combined all the different spells from her family's past.  She would have only one shot at that. And she really hoped that Bonnie would participate.

She closed the book and sat down on the sofa of the apartment. She was not at ease. Neutralizing her brother and sister meant completely stripping them of all, their identity, their true self.

In Withmore, Jo walked out of the hospital and she ignored Alaric's call. She got into her car and now drove to the Lockwood mansion where Kai was kept.

Flashback

February 2, 1965

Sheila sat down with Eveline Parker out on the porch of their Portland house.

"If the coven doesn't survive... it will bring the balance of white magic in danger... and you know what that means..."- Eveline said.

"Dark magic will tip over... I know...but we used dark magic, so... I am not sure how this will help..."- Sheila said.

"We employed only the part that was necessary..."- Eveline assured her- "and we will neutralized it again...if it needs to be done..."

Sheila now got up. Two friends said goodbye and Sheila went on her way. She was unhappy about the whole thing, but she knew that in the world of magic, the constant fight between the dark and the white magic would never seize.

"it bounces back...always... and if again you have twins born with the hybrid gene... they would take over... and the balance will be in danger..."- Sheila looked at her friend worried.

***
Liv didn't have to wait for the next eclipse in Mystic Falls- she could harness the power of the eclipse anywhere. What she needed was Bonnie Bennett, she knew that now. Without her magic nothing could be done.
She dialled her number.

Close to Mystic Falls, Bonnie answered the call. Liv now told her of her plan.
"You will still need them both..."-Bonnie said-

"I played Jo...but she figured things out...or...she got her memory back..."
-Liv said.
"What do you mean?"-Damon now said.
"Dad had used some magic that erased some of Jo's memory about what really was the truth..."
"And that is when they merge they would be very powerful and would suck up all the good magic..."-Bonnie said.
"Yeah... "-Liv said.
"Where is Jo now?"-Damon asked.
"She is going to Lockwood mansion"-Liv said.
"And she is walking into a trap?!:-Damon concluded-"you are one devious sister..."
"To survive in the Parker family, you need to be at least 12 steps ahaed of them all"-Liv said.

At the town border of Mystic Falls, Damon had to get out of the car.
"I hate leaving you here now:-he said to Bonnie.
"I will be fine. I am no damsel...plus...need you now to get us a cargo plane and a pilot to get us to Africa..."-she said placing a peck on his lips.
"Yes sir..."-he joked.
She smiled at him and then got into the car.

They worked well as a team before and now he should prove that it was the same.  He dialled Stefan's number.

"Need you bro..."- Damon said as Stefan answered and told him what was going off.

"I am in New Orleans..."- Stefan said.

"What are you doing there...??"- Damon was baffled.

"Elena asked me to go with her... she is meeting Elijah...to decompell her..."

"Really?..."- Damon was somewhat surprised.

"Yeah... she wants to move on properly with no compulsion attached... you could have told me"-Stefan explained.

"Right... well...then I will see you when I get back from Congo..."

"You sound happy?!"- Stefan then commented as he could hear a chirpy sound in Damon's voice.

"Yeah... and it is so real...very real... "- Damon said.

"I am glad, Damon... see you when you get back..."- Stefan said.

"See you bro..."- Damon hung up and went to arrange things.

****

Elena looked at Stefan. She heard the whole conversation.

"I am happy for him too. "- Elena said.

"You are?"- Stefan said.

"Yes.Bonnie and him always had a connection- they got eachother even when we all thought they hated eachother... and the way he was cut because he had left her there on the other side... I knew that things have changed... he changed! Aand you know what is crazy... it looks like it happened so organically. Who would have thought, Damon and Bonnie?!"- Elena said.

"If you hadn't compelled yourself... you would be with him?!"

"I don't think so. It was over even before Katherine took over my body.I just didn't want to see it. It's like a bad drug. You have to have it although you know it's not good for you. I was like a crazed vampire!! And now with all my memories back... All that had happened lately I can put things in perspective!"- Elena sighed a little and then continued-"Tthat was so not me!! I want to be me again and I need distance."

"So...New York, ha?"- Stefan then asked as they talked on the way about Elena's wishes to move away.

" New York! I know that Caroline would freak ,but I have to do something for myself. You can come..."

"Thanks.But I want to catch up with Damon. "- Stefan said- "but I will come and visit!!."

"I know what you mean... In all this self-maddness I so disconnected with Jeremy. He seems to be so lost worst than when he was a kid?! "- Elena remarked.

They stayed on a little while longer to finish their walk down the beach and then  Stefan said his goodbye and drove off.

Elena looked to the ocean. For the first time in a very long while she felt at ease and strangely free.