Wicked game

Caroline woke up and found that Elena was gone already. She looked at her messages and there was none in particular. The way her life had changed was something she didn't really like. She was in a hidden depressed state for a while. Everything she had mapped out seemed to go in the opposite direction.

Elena was in the world of her own. Even Bonnie, although being back, seemed to be away again.

She got a shower and get dressed in a wizz and walked out of the dorm. Where to go? What to do? Classes again? Her mind raced to a thought she thought she had buried away deep inside of her.

"No... I am starting over myself... everything new...new boyfriend, new style..."- she looked at herself in the mirror and decided to visit a hairdresser first thing.

****

Elena waited in the diner for Stefan. No matter what had happened in her life, she felt still that she could talk to him about his deepest fears and all that troubled her. She was not in a good place, and that was part of a reason why she had her Damon -relationship memories erased. She thought it would help her, but inside of her something dark was sitting and she didn't know how to deal with it.

As he arrived he saw that she had already had numerous milkshakes.

"Sugar rush?!"- he stated as he sat down.

"I guess..."- Elena said- "nothing really helps... I thought Bonnie being back would make want to do stuff and be happy again... and I am not... and I know it's major depressive disorder...crazy diagnosis for a vampire..."

"I know you hate it...being one...but at least now you know what it is...maybe you can start dealing with it..."- Stefan said.

"Oh...yes...also added some of manic-depressive signs... you know that I have been with Damon because I hated myself so much...?!... isn't that weird..."

"No...it's not weird... how to climb out of the dark hole in your soul?!..."

"How do you do it??"- Elena said.

"First of all...you faced that something wasn't right..."

"Yeah... being a vampire and loathing it... "- Elena said.

"Yes...but think of what you can do to take the best out of vampirism and concentrate on that... and you have done so already, Elena... you helped that girl... "

"I... need to get my memories back... and then face it all..."- Elena said.

"It looks like you made that decision... and I guess it involves one of the Originals...?!"

"Yes... ahm... would go with me to New Orleans... I know...it's too much to ask..."

"No... I'll go..."

"Thank you, Stefan..."

******

On the road to Chicago, Bonnie slept through most of the journey. It was some 12 hours drive, but with Damon driving they made it in half time.

"Here we are sleepy head..."- Damon said gently touching Bonnie's face.

"Ha...uh...right..."

They were in front of the house where Abby lived.

"Come on..."- Bonnie said as she got out of the car.

"I...think...better not...I will wait here..."- Damon said- "remember...Abby not liking me much..."

"Right..."- Bonnie said- " so you will be here..."

"Yep...your driver awaits..."- he joked.

Abby having heard the car pull up watched from the window and then got out to meet Bonnie.