When all is said and done

Damon walked into the place Stefan was living in. His brother greeted him and inquired what he had been doing.

"Nothing much. The blasting Gemini coven really had to make this awkward," Damon complained, "I am going over the border-there are clues there"

"What are you saying? You know what happens if you cross over" Stefan said. "This is not you -well, actually it is. You are mad enough if you want something!"

"Yep!"Damon said.

"What really happened over there?"

"I told you"

"No, you didn't. You never tell exactly what went on inside you. You show the superficial side of you- but" Stefan looked at his brother poignantly.

"I feel bad that she got me out of there and she stayed on-and what do you want me to say? It's the right thing to do! For once, I can do a right thing!"

"Right thing to do-very Damon- not- for Elena!"

Stefan could see that he now slightly managed to annoy his brother, and that he was on the verge of spitting it all out, but then Damon simply left.

Stefan followed him, catching up with him.

"I will help you. There must be another way. But don't go over that border! I don't want to lose you again!" Stefan said.

Damon inhaled sharply, pausing for a moment.

"Alaric's witch can operate on me- if things go wrong- I have to do this, Stefan! For Bonnie! I have to!"

"Damon!!! Jo can get what you want! Why do you have to go in there!!???"

"She wouldn't know what to look for "Damon said,"so far here we found nothing-  and I think that Jo doesn't want us to open the passage. Kai would be back."

"Why would she want to save you then?"

"Why do you always have to be so sensible?! She is a doctor, she can't leave me for dead- check-mate!" Having said that, Damon went away like a lightning.

The only thing Stefan could do was to find Jo.

Damon knew that it was a suicide mission, but he had looked into everything there was.

As he found himself in front of the border of the town, he stood still for a moment.

"It's now or never" the vampire muttered, and as he wanted to step across the invisible lin3, he heard a voice  coming from behind telling him not to do it. He turned around and saw Caroline standing now in front of him.

"He called you" Damon said annoyed.

"Duh! We all want her back! I know you feel guilty cos you got back and she stayed behind." the blonde vampire shot at him.

"I haven't got time for this" Damon said and before Caroline could react, he crossed over the magical border.