Pancakes or muffins?

Elena and Caroline finished with their task of compellng everyone necessary in Whitmore hospital snd now went to the diner where they agreed to meet with Stefan, Damon and Bonnie.

On the road outside of Mystic Falls, Liz said goodbye to the trio.

"Thank you so much"- Bonnie said to Liz.

"I wished you never had to go through this - all of it."- Liz said- "So, where is that guy that got back with you?"

"He  didn't make it!"- Stefan lied to Liz-" Liv managed to get him to the other side where he belongs."

"This better be true.- I've broken so many rules and regulations that it actually... I don't want to discuss"-  Liz then said- " and you are fine?"- she looked at Bonnie.

"Very"- Bonnie looked at the sheriff smiling- "no shot wound. Back to normal, I guess. And I don't have that horrible bloodlust."

"Sorry?"- Liz muttered.

"It's a long story."- Damon then said- "don't you have some bffs to meet?!"- he looked at Liz first then at Bonnie.

"I do. Thank you"- Bonnie said once again, and together with the two vampires she got into Stefan's car and they drove off to the diner.

 As happy days go, this one is an ace!"- Damon said looking at her when they got into the car.

"I don't want to spoil the whole happy thing going on here"- Bonnie then said- " but I found out something about the Gemini,  that even my grandmother didn't know. "

"Please don't"- Damon then said- "can't we have a day that is free from those witches?!"

"The dangerous one is not Kai entirely. It's Jo. She is his sister."

"We know."- Damon said- "they are twins!"

"Right- well, they didn't want to have them merged but separate them. Sending Kai to the other reality and kill her "- Bonnie said.

"What??"- both Stefan and Damon said in one voice.

"There is something about a hybrid gene they both possess, which gives them extreme power nearly like an Original witch had."

"How do you know all of this?"- Damon then asked.

"Well,  we went to Portland -He got me locked in his car and in a kind of seize fire moment, we actually spent a thanksgiving together."

"Ewww"- Damon exclaimed.

"Well, it was a pretend. He is not as smart as I thought he is"- Bonnie then said.

"Because you used it to get more information!"- Damon added.

"Yes -and I found a diary of Louise Parker, one of the sisters that he killed"

"And?"- Damon couldn't wait to find out more.

Stefan stopped as they were in front of the diner. Bonnie saw her friends and litterally jumped out of the car to meet them.

"I think that trouble is about to start!"- Stefan said to Damon.

"Yep."- Damon said and his eyes shone devilishly at his brother. They got out of the car. But they let the girls have their time together.

"Coming to my place?- Stefan then asked him.

"No. I need to get a place of my own- this sounds weird right?"- Damon replied.

"No. There have been so many changes that I just - don't want to repeat myself"- Stefan said.

"I know, you get it!!!! "- Damon joked.

They looked through the window of the diner at the three women so ecstatically happy to be together again.

"See you later then?!"- Damon said and went off. Now that she knew that she was away from Kai, he was at ease. It was mission accomplished, although there was more trouble on the horizon, he would make sure she was protected.

****

Jo returned to the hospital to reschedule her patients. She took a few days off. Her thoughts went to a conversation she listened to when she was threeting years old.

"They both carry the hybrid gene"- Lauren said to her husband-"you know what that means."

"I do. And I know what I have to do. Why did your mother hide this from us?"- Joshua said.

Jo sighed and then sat down at her desk and took her grandmother's Grimoire out. She opened it at the page where she looked at the symbol that showed the gemini stars sign.

"Two people in one"- she read and smiled wickedly- "finally I have found you."

******

Bonnie, Caroline and Elena spent the day and best part of the night exchanging all that had happened in their lives since the day Bonnie and Damon disappeared.

"Mad"- Caoline said- "it looks ok now,but it is so different somehow"

Bonnie looked at Elena, who talked about her plans for the future and about how she was doing in hospital. At one point she yawned.

"Sorry guys- just tired. So much happened"- Bonnie said.

"Yeah- you need to sleep. Take my bed"- Caroline said.

"With all this crazy"- Bonnie then said- "I don't have a room anymore- "

"You can crash with us"- Elena said- "you probably had enough of living with Damon that will last you forever!"

"Not really"- Bonnie slipped.

Both Caroline and Elena looked at her surprised that she would say something like that.

"Don't tell me Damon is changed, cos we get that from Stefan all the time."- Caroline said.

"You guys-he is not..."- she looked at the faces of her two friends who waited eagerly to say something they will immediately dismiss- "I am really tired. Being me, then being a vampire, then been shot"

"We will leave you now."- Caroline said.

Elena also agreed to leave their friend. The hunger was calling anyway.

Bonnie layed down on the bed as they left and closed her eyes and then opened them again. She smiled a little and then uttered- "Grams, I made it!". At some point she fell asleep, as it had been a long day.

When she woke up, she looked around and then at the side cupboard. Caroline had left her a note with a phone next to it.

"We are in class. Call us."

Bonnie scrolled down the contact list. The numbers of all her friends were there. She pressed the speedial.

"Damon?...got a phone..."- Bonnie said as he answered the call.

"Hey. I was wondering where you got stuck yesterday. I know -it's nearly two o'clock, but I know a place that have great pancakes."- Damon said.

Bonnie smiled- "Naah. Maybe muffins"- she said.

"Good. Pick you up?!"

"You don't have to. It's the at the same diner, right?"- Bonnie said.

"Yep. See you there!"- Damon said.

"See you"- Bonnie replied and put the phone down. She quickly took a shower and borrowed some of Caroline's and some of Elena's clothes.