Chapter 3

The thing about the past it always had a habit of flaring up when you least wanted it to. Carla and Lucas had moved into the penthouse of the Victoria Court apartments much to Carla's family's approval as they were grateful that she was sticking around for the foreseeable. Carla had managed to get her grubby little mitts on Underworld causing Lucas to be very impressed with her to the extent that he was happy to call her his wife. It was a materialistic lifestyle, she was basically playing the trophy wife, going out for posh dinners with clients and socialising, she really was living the high life and to add Underworld to her life once more perfected her outlook on the world she lived in.

"Wow..." Lucas trails off as Carla smirks, she was wearing a black dress which was mid-way down her thighs, he raised his eyebrows at her choice of clothing

"Not too much?"

"It would never be too much" he praises her, she grins slightly getting her portfolio ready for the day ahead "Don't let Aidan walk all over you"

"I won't"

"You saved his skin, remember?"

"I know and I cant wait to show him who's boss" she smirks, Lucas nods proudly of her as she slings her coat over her shoulders "What are you up to today anyway?"

"Going into town, meeting with clients...I would have invited you if you didnt have bigger fish to fry here" he comments, she nods in response "Be good"

"Always am" she comments doing her lipstick in the mirror which was in the hallway, Lucas stands behind her and brushes her hair out of the way and kisses her softly on the neck "I need to go, later"

"Hmm" he nods watching her collect her bags and blow him one last kiss before leaving the flat...

She was walking aimlessly down the street, there were some of Gary's builders who wolf-whistled at her but she just pointedly glared at them before they returned to work loving the power that she had over all of them. Of course, the world had other plans in the form of Peter stepping out of the café, she raised her eyebrows at the cigarette hanging out of his mouth, he gave her the once over and raised his eyebrows at her choice in outfit. It suited her perfectly, accentuated her body in the many ways he remembered somewhat jealous that Lucas owned this person in front of him. Carla knew what he was doing though, so she just smirked and walked on, he immediately ran to catch up to her.

"Peter" she rolls her eyes turning around and raising her eyebrows "Stop acting like you're a lost puppy"

"You look amazing" he coughs slightly as she smirks in response running her tongue along her lips "Seriously I don't think I've ever seen you so-"

"Sexualised for a day in the office?"

"That's not what I was-"

"Peter" she laughs slightly, he frowns "I'm only teasing, I have very important meetings today so I need to go"

"Maybe we could have a coffee-"

"And what would Toyah have to say about that?" she questions, he bites his lip causing her to raise her eyebrows again and turn on her heel leaving him standing there on the pavement "I've still got it" she whispers before laughing to herself and heading into the factory...

It was like she was home, well she was home but this felt more of a home to her than anything ever had in her life. She had a perfect life, the money, the expensive clothes all designer and that was what she loved, impending death aside. Aidan looked her up and down and Carla immediately glared at him telling him to not say a word enjoying the control she had over the situation. Lucas obviously came in to give her lunch and admire the beauty of the factory causing the girls to gush over him but when Carla stepped out and kissed him passionately on the lips it shut them all up and soon enough she led him into the office.