Chapter 6

Carla had to accept that this was her life now, and she wanted it to be because it was lavish, it was luxurious and it provided easy access into the world of ambition and business and all in all that is what she wanted. Soon she would be a changed person, well she was convinced she was changed on the inside and the doubt set in recently that she was different internally but externally she was still the same. Unfortunately, she knew it was all a front to please the people around her particularly Lucas but behind closed doors, she knew things were different. She hadn't been in a relationship for a while when she met Lucas and when she began her relationship with him she was happy content and they loved each other, they still did but it was different and she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Right I'm heading off to the factory" Carla smiles as Lucas nods bringing her in for a hug, she smiles slightly "I was thinking maybe we could order in tonight and just have a night of laying in each other's arms and reconnect with one another?"

"That sounds perfect," he says kissing her on the forehead, she pecks him on the lips "Have a good day and don't overdo it"

"I won't" she rolls her eyes picking up her coat and shoving it on "I'll be back later"

"Alright have a good day" he smiles as she leaves, he frowns slightly wondering why she was being so distant but either way he would get it out of her one way or another...

She went to work, Aidan raised his eyebrows at her entry and she started teasing him relentlessly making him annoyed and he eventually snapped causing her to grin triumphantly. Of course, they were busy they always seemed to be nowadays and that was ok because it meant Carla could indulge in work and study the finances as well as plot her and Lucas' little plan. She didnt really know how she was going to get away with it though not with Aidan lurking around so she had to think of another plan to undermine him and make him think that he wasnt good enough to be running this place alongside her and that would involve picking Lucas' brain so that would be yet another thing to discuss tonight.

"Oh what a pleasant surprise" Aidan teases as Michelle walks into the factory and sits down in the spare seat "Michelle's here Carla, say hi to Michelle"

"Hi 'Chelle" Carla coos as Michelle just chuckles slightly "He's annoyed at me because I keep winding him up"

"Aww Aidy baby it's ok we understand" Michelle pouts her lips as Aidan pulls a disgusted face, he leaves the office "He's still as short-tempered as ever before then?"

"Hmm tell me about it" Carla mutters turning to her screen and biting her lip, she crosses her legs and smirks at the screen

"What's going on?" Michelle questions peering over her shoulder and raising an eyebrow "Carla!"

"Sorry" Carla smirks looking at the email Lucas sent her "He's graphic though isn't he?"

"Yeah enough of that, you'll have him instead of your sandwich" Michelle drones, Carla just glares at her "Anyway I was wondering if you wanted to come wedding dress shopping with me?"

"Wedding dress shopping, I'm sold let's go" she grins logging off from her computer, she grabs her bag and slings it onto her shoulder, she walks out of the factory bumping into Lucas "Hey babe"

"Where are you two off to then?"

"Wedding dress shopping" Michelle grins linking arms with Carla who smirks at her "You can come if you want although I don't think it would be your cup of tea-"

"No thank you" Lucas shakes his head playfully Carla grins "I was wondering if I could have a word with madam here, I'll be quick"

"Sure I'll go and get the car, Carla"