Chapter 9

Her body felt entirely numb as if she had just been taken advantage of but it wasn't the same as before, it wasn't violent forceful instead it was loving and he was caressing her body with such gentleness she was impressed. The way he pushed passionate strokes into her body making her writhe in ecstasy, surely if she hated Lucas for the way he was treating her she wouldn't be able to let him do this to her, make him make her scream out in pleasure or internal pain, the pain of her feelings. He whispered the words to make her feel alive inside to make her feel the love she had for her husband because she was so torn as she loved him but in all honesty, she didn't know how long she could cope without him if she left him.

"Are you ok?" he questions standing over her body as she curls up on the bed, he gently brushes her hair away from her face "You mean the world to me never forget that, I love you sweetheart and I wish you would just let yourself love me more"

"I do love you" she croaks out, he smiles slightly kissing her on the forehead "More than the world"

"Good, the feelings mutual" he kisses her on the lips "You should get changed, you have work remember?"

"Yeah just five more minutes" she smiles slightly, he nods squeezing her hand "You can go on ahead if you like?"

"Alright I'll leave you to it to get ready, I'll see you at lunch" he smiles, she nods with a small smile on her face "Bye sweetheart"

"Bye babe," she says hearing the front door go, she just sighs and closes her eyes letting the tears soak the bedsheets under herself wondering what her life had become, she got up and yelped in pain, she wasn't going to work today, she knew that...

Of course, Aidan wondered where she was so he enlisted the help of Michelle who was very confused as it was unlike Carla not to show up. She decided that maybe her friend just didnt want to be disturbed with Lucas as they were wrapped up in each other since their mini-break and the more she thought about it the more annoyed Carla would be if she interrupted her and Lucas' possible lazy day so she thought against it and headed off back to the bistro. Simon walked into the factory looking for Carla as it was his induction day, Aidan frowned at his appearance but he informed Carla's brother that she offered him a job here, Aidan then suggested that he went home as Carla was nowhere to be found leaving Simon ultimately disappointed so he just did what he was told and went home. Of course that in itself meant he ranted to Peter about how Carla probably didnt want him working for her leaving Peter angry so he went to have it out with her.

"Carla open this door now!" Peter shouts as Carla just covers her ears with the pillow trying to recover from Lucas' violent outburst last night

"Go away Peter!" she croaks finding the strength to wrap her robe around her body, she weakly makes her way to the door and answers it seeing Peter's angry expression "What do you want I'm ill"

"Simon was wondering where you were today"

"I'm ill" she mutters causing Peter to smile sympathetically at her, she grips onto the doorframe before yelping, Peter immediately grabs her body to stop her from falling "Peter just go"

"No, I'm not going there's something going on with you I know there is," he says as Carla shakes her head before yelping one last time at Peter touching her sides "Carla"

"I'm fine, please just leave, I did my back in and..." she grits out he sighs slightly shaking his head wishing she would stop lying to him "Lucas is coming back at lunch to look after me"

"Alright well just try and take it easy, I'll tell Simon how you're not well"

"Tell him he can start next week and I'll pay him double for wasting his time-"