Chapter 18

The dull ache was in the back of her head and the front of it well all over it. Her body was tired and achy and the bright light which was streaming down on top of her face was irritating her entirely until she found he strength to turn over pulling the covers with her which alerted Peter to her awakening. He stood up and closed the curtains for her causing a groan, gently he pulled the covers back revealing her face, he offers her some paracetamol which she takes eagerly wanting to cure this annoyance of a hangover. She sighs slightly knowing the lecture she was about to receive as well as feeling internally bad about everything which had happened not that she could remember much anyway.

"Morning sleepy head" he whispers as Carla just whimpers in agony "Head hurts does it?"

"What's even going on?" she questions, he sighs slightly unable to process it himself but he knew that she would want to know

"You went out with Lucas last night" he whispers, she frowns in confusion

"No, I went to a bar with him, after I went to Roy's that's all I remember" she murmurs pinching the bridge of her nose "How did I end up here?"

"You went hotelling as you put it to me last night," he says, she groans in annoyance falling back against the pillows and letting out a somewhat annoyed sigh "You took great pleasure in telling me what hotelling was about as well"

"With Lucas?" she confirms, Peter nods

"I tried to get you away but you wouldn't come I didnt want to cause a scene in case he angered himself and hurt you" he responds, she just grunts in annoyance trying to stand up but practically falling over "Into bed we go"

"Ugh," she moans as Peter rolls his eyes offering her water "What else happened?"

"You arrived here knocking on the door with a burger from some kebab shop, you were dancing around and you were lying upside down on the sofa and then you danced some more before you got burnt out and passed out on my lap"

"Doesn't sound like me drunk" she mutters, as Peter sighs in response shaking his head

"When did your view start going hazy?"

"The last thing I remember was going to the toilet at the bar, after that is was a blur" she shrugs before pulling the covers over her body

"Probably because he slipped something to take advantage of you"

"He wouldn't do that" Carla chuckles sitting upright and cross-legged on the bed "Lucas wouldn't even dare touch drugs"

"Well that's just my opinion on the matter I'm not going to argue with you"

"Thank you" she responds before closing her eyes and sighing "What are you doing today?"

"I'm going back to work because unfortunately not all of us are millionaires"

"Oh," she falters biting her lip "I sense you're angry with me..."

"I'm not angry with you, I'm angry with him manipulating you, there's a difference" Peter sighs getting up and undressing in front of her, she turns away to stare at the ceiling "I just dont know how long I can witness you get hurt by that man"

"Peter I've already explained myself to you and my reasons for staying with Lucas it's your fault you choose not to accept them" she mutters, he just shakes his head knowing an argument was brewing "Anyway I have things to do today"

"And these things are...?"

"Moving back home with Lucas, he got the keys back yesterday he took me out for a drink to celebrate"

"Seriously?"

"Is that a problem, Peter?"

"It's your funeral I suppose"