Chapter 8

The mini-break was good and their relationship was going from strength to strength. She felt refreshed, her whole outlook really did feel that way and Lucas treated her like a queen. Most of the time was spent reconnecting with one another and things felt so much better than they ever did before. When they arrived home they were holding each other close spending the day lounging on the sofa and of course, one thing led to another and they were both lying on the bed together, their hands connected as they stared at the ceiling in front of their eyes. A parallel universe, one where Lucas was happy with her presence, one where he wasnt hurting her or so she thought maybe not physically but mentally.

"Did you hear the news?"

"The news?" she queries turning to face him, seeing that he was holding up his phone and his friends connect page "Oh...who's that?"

"Susie Barlow, Toyah and Peter's kid," he says before sighing wistfully at the thought "She's so cute isn't she?"

"Yeah..." Carla trails off before gulping in response and biting her lip "She's lovely"

"Soon we'll have one of our own eh?" he questions, she gulps and nods putting on a brave face because she knew the alternative, she watches as Lucas traces the sides of her naked body with his fingers "Do you have any names picked out?"

"How do you mean?"

"Like when you were little, all little girls fantasize about becoming a mother you must have some idea"

"Um" she falters knowing it was probably best to make something up but the thought repulsed her "I didnt really have any wishes to become a mother to be honest with you as my mum wasn't exactly a great role model"

"Oh" he falters narrowing his eyes "Any way that doesn't matter now..."

"No?"

"No because we have time to get thinking" he smiles as Carla nods slowly before sighing "We're going out tonight anyway"

"Are we?" she frowns not really knowing anything about it "Where to?"

"It's a surprise" he smirks, Carla nods in response a wide smile on her face, "A good one at that but first I want you all to myself for a little while longer"

"Hmm" she mumbles accepting his kiss, she rolls on top of him and giggles slightly before brushing her lips against his "I want you too"

"Hmm, good" he whispers kissing her one last time, she smirks at him "I love you, Carla"

"I love you too Lucas" she whispers before giggling at him, her fingers raking through his hair as they continue their passion with Carla not knowing what was in store tonight...

Lucas and Carla reconnected once more, lovingly and passionate, different from nay times previous but this reminded her of the start of their relationship where it was loving, sexy and ever so gentle. Maybe this min-break was what they needed, to get away from work and just return to understanding each other, understanding the limits of each of their bodies without it being rough. They had lunch together and watched a movie in each other's arms, Lucas playing with her hair gently allowing him to lull her to sleep and then they both fell asleep. This is what Carla craved, to feel happy because she really did feel happy right now and content lying in Lucas' arms blocking out the world so it was just both of them focussing on each other and that was the way it was meant to be and things would be different now she was ever so sure of it.

"Wakey wakey" he yawns as Carla groans in response "We need to get ready"

"Seriously we slept that long?" she groans as Lucas nods in response biting his lip as he glances to the time "Where are we going so I know what to wear?"